Chapter 13: Bad Girl Gets Lung Cancer

Začít od začátku

"Yes." Hold up. What about his girlfriend? Did they break up recently?

"Then date me!" Molly, chill. Someone needs to put a stopper on this kid. Otherwise, she's unstoppable.

Before Lucas could reply to that proposal, a no came out of my mouth.

God, did I sound like a jealous childhood friend from a random shounen manga.

Naturally, this piqued all the others' attention and had their curious gazes pinned on me — with a very particular one belonging to Molly. "I thought you didn't like him?"

Of course, with everything set up like this, it would only be normal for them to assume so.

I shook my head. "That's not it. You shouldn't date your ex's friend."

Even as an aro, it was well-known to me that you shouldn't be exercising such a foolish action — unless you highly disregard morals. In which case, you're a waste of oxygen.

She looked stunned for a moment before asking, "Say what now? Did I hear that correctly, ex's friend?"

Perhaps pinpointing the name of the specific person would help her memory. "Kyleson." But then again, if she didn't change lovers like clothes, maybe she wouldn't have such a hard time. "He's friends with that guy."

"Wait, really? I didn't know." Certainly, because you only dated the guy for like a week and immediately replaced him within days.

You've always been like that. You always chase after the love of someone, and once you get bored, you throw them away.

Perchance, this could be a reflection of your childhood.

***

"That was quick to become awkward, Molly."

"Well, that's only bound to happen, Eli," she says as a matter of fact, completely ignoring that the said scenario could have been avoided had she made better life choices.

In the first place, what did she even come there for?

"Oh, that's right." Molly claps her hand once and the sound echoes through the hallways of the hospital. "I nearly forgot. Since you're here anyway, how about a date with me?"

My foot took a step back of its own accord as she leaned forward. "No, my next destination will be my apartment."

However, Molly dismissed my rejection. "Come on, if you've got some time to spare for her, why not with me?"

Should I tell her?

"There's this incredibly cool bad boy that's starring in this movie called A Heart That Beats for You. He's soooo hot and he drives a motorcycle!"

Geez, allos. Creatures that are way harder to interpret than calculus itself. It makes me wonder what they find so entertaining in the same plot over and over again. The only difference it makes is the set of actors.

"How do you know that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

To which she replied, "I watched the trailer! From that alone, it can be determined that the movie would be fire!"

Another sigh for today. "You've already heard my answer." There was no point in my being accompanying this girl to a movie not of my taste. Cinemas are great; only if the material they are projecting lives up to their praise.

In an effort to leave, I turned my heels away from her direction. And she responded by blocking my path. "Hold on, hold on."

"That's not all!" she excitedly announces. "It does give off romance vibes. BUT! But, there's a twist."

"And what would that be?" At this point, I don't think anything would convince me against spending the rest of my Saturday in the comfort of my home.

"They're fighting against dinosaurs! There's lots of gore, horror, and blood. The best part is, the show doesn't censor anything!"

Q: You all ever know of a Molly who makes plans and executes them on the same day? I know a lot, to be honest 😂

Author's Notes commented inline here ➵