chapter eleven. teen wolf

Start from the beginning

"What?" Scott asked in uncertainty.

"The reading." Coach stated.

"Uh, Last night's reading?"

He didn't do it either.

Coach chuckled, "How about, uh, the reading of the Gettysburg Address?" He joked, earning a couple snickers from the class.

"What?" Scott asked nervously.

"That's sarcasm. You familiar with the term "sarcasm," McCall?"

Scott glanced back at Stiles, the boy wearing a proud grin on his face. "Very." Scott answered.

Coach sighed, "Did you do the reading or not?"

"Uh - I think I forgot."

"Nice work, McCall. It's not like you're not averaging a D in this class." My eyes widened as Coach aired out Scott's business to everybody, earning a few laughs. "Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a D." Coach said lowly, Scott nodding in embarrassment. "How about you summarize, uh, the previous night's reading?" Scott shook his head, looking down at his desk. "No? How about the, uh, the night before that? How about you summarize anything you've ever read - In your entire life?" Scott started to stutter, obviously becoming overwhelmed. I could hear the heartbeat monitor on Coach's phone going off in Stiles' hand. The boy in front of me was growing stressed, listening to the sound of Scott's heartbeat rising. This could be really bad if he didn't stop. I felt really bad for Scott. He was getting embarrassed by Coach in front of the whole class and it wasn't his fault, he literally had no time to focus on school nowadays. "No? A blog? How about, uh, how about, uh, the back of a cereal box? No? How about the adults only warning from your favorite website you visit every night?"

"Coach -" I said as my eyes widened, the man growing more furious by the second.

"Anything? Thank you, McCall, thank you. Thank you, McCall! Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation. You just blew it for everybody. Thanks. Next practice you can start with suicide runs. Unless that's too much reading."

I heard the heartbeat monitor slow down, confusion growing inside of me as I looked at Scott. I then saw Allison holding his hand in hers under their desks, the boy looking back at her in relief as she smiled softly at him.

Stiles' head dropped, realizing that it was Allison. Allison helped him gain control.

>

"It's her." Stiles said as we exited Coach's classroom.

Scott looked around in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"It's Allison." I elaborated. Scott still wore a confused look.

Stiles sighed, "Remember what you told me about the night of the full moon? You were thinking about her, right? About protecting her. Remember the night of the first lacrosse game? You said you could hear her voice out on the field. Well, so that's what brought you back so you could score. And then after the game in the locker room, you didn't kill her. At least not like how you were trying to kill me. She brings you back, is what I'm saying."

Scott shook his head, "No, no, no, but it's not always true, because literally every time I'm kissing her or - or touching her -"

"No, that's not the same. When you're doing that, you're just another hormonal teenager thinking about sex, you know?" Stiles said, stopping in his tracks when he saw the grin on Scott's face. "You're thinking about sex right now, aren't you?"

Scott blinked, "Yeah. Sorry."

"Look, back in the classroom when she was holding your hand, that was different, okay? I don't think she makes you weak. I - I think she actually gives you control. She's kind of like an anchor."