004. imessage & narrative.

ZOE, hey sis, dinner's ready, u coming ?

ZOE,
hey sis, dinner's ready,
u coming ?

KALI,
i'm sorry, i ate already.

ZOE,
oh shit i forgot.

ZOE
well i'm gonna order some
cold stone after. want any?

KALI,
ooooh yes pls 🙏🏾

ZOE,
alright, birthday cake
milkshake right ?

ZOE,
extra cake chunks ?

KALI,
u know me so well 😩

ZOE,
LMAO might as well get
fat on sum good 😩

ZOE,
what time u coming home?

KALI,
matt & his brothers are
gonna drop me rn.

ZOE,
the twins ??

KALI,
nick said they're "fucking
triplets" but yes LMAOO.

ZOE,
LMFAOOO.

ZOE,
wait hold on.

KALI,
don't you fuckin say it.

KALI,
zoe, i will fuckin kill you.

ZOE,
LMAO alright alright
i won't say it.

ZOE,
not today.

KALI,
BITCH NOT EVER.

kali hadn't gotten a chance to view her sister's response because matt had already pulled up to the front of her house. the girl remained quiet the majority of her trip home, practically tired from all the laughs and giggles. she enjoyed herself today.

from the tome that the recording of the video ended, matt and kali switched seats so that he was back in the driver's seat and she was in the back beside nick.

"say your goodbyes now because you bitches are not gonna see me for the next three weeks. my social battery done ran out," kali muttered as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"bye babe," nick frowned as he pulled her in for a hug. "don't be a fuckin' stranger. cuz i will come fine you."

kali laughed as she hugged him back. "i won't. i'm sure you guys are gonna blow me with a bunch of facetime calls as soon as my ass touches the bad."

the girl leaned forward and hugged matt before pressing a sloppy kiss to his cheek. with a simple pat on chris' head, the girl exited the van with a laugh and waved her friends off before jogging to her house.

when kali made it inside, she was met to her sister snuggling up on the couch, watching TV. zoe turned her head back when she heard the front door open. "hey."

"hey," kali breathed out as she threw herself on the opposite seat.

"how'd it go?" zoe questioned as she paused the playing movie. "seeing your old friends?"

"it was good," kali nods. "not sure how to process it."

zoe furrows her eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

kali brings her hand to her head and awkwardly scratches it as she answers. "i fucking kissed christopher."

zoe's eyes widen at her younger sister's confession. "what, the boy you had a crush on?"

"it wasn't a crush, zo!" kali groaned. "he's just merely my best friend's brother. that's all."

zoe scoffed, taking a bite out if her ice cream. "yeah, like that sounds so much better," she said sarcastically. "what happened?"

"nothing serious," kali reassured. "it was just a little dare. it was fine." she couldn't help but feel her brown cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

zoe gasps, "look at you! getting comfortable already!"

kali laughs as she stands up and makes her way up the stairs. "girl i live here now. might as well."

"i'm gonna take a shower then probably crash. can you put my ice cream in the freezer please? i'll probably eat it tomorrow."

CHRIS,yo

CHRIS,
yo

KALI,
what's up ?

CHRIS,
we okay ??

KALI,
yeah why wouldn't
we be christopher ?

CHRIS,
idk, lowkey felt like u
were a bit distant after
what happened.

KALI,
the kiss?

CHRIS,
yea.

CHRIS,
i hope i didn't make u
uncomfortable or
anything,i know how
fucking annoying nick
can get when he's ready...

KALI,
LMAO

KALI,
we're fine, christopher.

KALI,
just a kiss.

CHRIS,
yeah no ur right.

CHRIS,
just wanted to check
& make sure that it
was all consensual &
shit ya know ?

CHRIS,
you kinda looked off
after we did it.

KALI,
boy you saying i looked
ugly ? 🤨

CHRIS,
well ur forehead was
kinda boomin idk.

KALI,
LMAO

KALI,
fuck u 😭

CHRIS,
right back at you, woods.

KALI,
u wish, sturniolo.

CHRIS,
didn't say i don't 😙.

author's note 🫶🏾
still don't know where
i'm going with this shit 😩