“Why can’t we be like that again, carefree?” whispered Narmen softly with a sad smile as she stared at the wallpaper. Looking at it now, she could see how she really looked at him, without even noticing. Her caramel eyes stared at him with unmistakable love, looking at him like he was the most precious thing she had in her life.

He is most precious Narmen thought as she held the gold necklace wrapped protectively around her neck. Suddenly she stood up from her bed and began changing clothes, ready to go out.

“I won’t lose him again” said Narmen sternly as she pulled the first pieces of clothes her eyes laid on from her closet. She quickly put on an off the shoulder black shirt with matching skinny jeans. She put her cell phone in her back pocket and was off.

“Where are you going at that time…” asked Rose with a frown when she saw her daughter running down the stairs with that determined serious look on her face.

“Aunt Caroline, Mum can I borrow that scarf?” asked Narmen in a hurry as she held her mother’s large dark blue scarf around her body, covering her bruised shoulders.

“Emm … Sure, but why…” said Rose but was cut by the sound of the door of the house closed roughly, as Narmen ran out.

***

Narmen stood infront of the door nervously, biting her lower lip, while looking down at the ground. She rang the bell another time, as she waited for the hard door infront of her to open. The sound of footsteps approaching filled her ears just before the door opened.

“Narmen! I really missed you. How are you?”

Her head shot up immediately to see Hex’s smiling face as he pulled her into a hug. She hugged him back softly, putting a fake smile on her lips. Hex pulled back smiling at her as he pulled her into the house closing the door behind her.

“Where is Alex?” asked Narmen before she could stop herself. Hex turned to her, his smile flattering a little.

“He … He still didn’t turn back. Mum tried to call his phone but it is turned off.” said Hex softly, trying not to show how worried he is, but it was clear in his sapphire eyes. Narmen nodded slowly, trying to push the tears that were threatening to fall back, as she knew she was the cause that Alex didn’t return till now. Nana gave his a gentle squeeze to comfort him. He cleared his throat uncomfortable that she knew how worried he really was.

“So you want something to drink, Nana?” asked Hex not looking down, causing his brownish curls to cover his eyes.

“No Thank you, Hex. I will just wait here till Alex return” said Narmen with a small smile patting his back. He nodded before running up the stairs. She watched him go with a smile … Hex has grown up fast, although sometimes he just looks so cute that you cant take what he says seriously. She sighed as she went and sat on the couch waiting for Alex to return back.

Her fingers brushed across her gold necklace, feeling its cool material that has always comforted her. She was determined to tell him what she feels tonight. She knows deep inside that it will be hard but she had to tell him.