petunia had agreed to join the order.

and then she had left the room.

       Abruptly, without another word, the blonde had escaped without a sound. She didn't mind the fact that she'd be lost — not knowing her ways around the school. Petunia just felt trapped at the moment, just like she felt for most of her life.

she needed space.

and she found it.

      The wind had caused the droplets to slowly come her way — and as they started to land on her face, she did not pull away. Instead, she'd leaned towards it, inviting the water to trace her features. Petunia let the rain soak her hair, turning the straight strands into wavy tangles — she even closed her eyes, letting a deep breath escape her nose.

she felt at peace.

"I was looking for you."

she opened her eyes.

     The familiar voice, the sound that had made her feel at home for awhile now, almost startled her.

Almost.

She turned around.

and she tried to smile.

      "I brought some refreshments," he continued over the silence, holding up a small bottle, "Firewhiskey. Thought it would.. help."

she did smile at that.

    And as she stepped forward, trying to tuck her wet hair behind her ears, Petunia took the bottle from his hands — feeling her heart warm as their fingers brushed.

    "It would," her voice was soft, almost cracking as she spoke, "thank you."

he returned her smile.

     And as he watched the girl open the bottle, immediately taking a swig. He was almost relieved to see the stress relieve from her face. It was a start.

he looked behind her, at the view.

      Unlike Petunia, James wasn't the biggest fan of rain. Especially as his glasses would fog because of the weather, leading for his vision to be blurred.

he almost cringed at the weather.

     And unbeknownst to the boy, Petunia watched him closely as she drank the alcohol. Her stomach felt tight, her cheeks were heated, and her eyes stayed focused on his face — seeing his changing expressions.

his glasses grew foggy.

     Petunia couldn't help but laugh, surprising him, as it sounded into his ears — and James's eyes snapped back to the blonde in front of him, seeing as she carefully gripped the ends of his glasses, pushing them back as if they were a headband.

even blurry he thought she was beautiful.

"Thank you."

His nose scrunched at her words.

"For what?"

He swore he saw her smile.

"For being you."

His heart just skipped a beat.

     And as James watched her take a step closer, he felt his hearts rhythm become uneven, just like his own breaths.

she was so close to him.

      And as the smell of firewhiskey fanned against his face, Petunia hovering her lips right over his own, she incoherently mumbled,

"I really really like you."

And she kissed him.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER