𝟐𝟕. daily streak

Start from the beginning

The two had been walking for a while without realizing that they were in front of Isabelle's treehouse. They glanced up at it and Kloe's shoulders slumped down in frustration as she noticed the wind had blown the ladder over the railing.

"Great. How great," Kloe muttered to herself as she looked around, trying to figure out another way to get up. Once realizing there wasn't another way up, she eyes the tree that was connected to the treehouse, "Tree-climbing it is." Kloe stepped over to the tree and briefly examined it before finding out a way up there. In an instant, she knelt down slightly and placed her hand over the palm of her other. "Come on, I'm gonna boost you up."

Isabelle, who seemed hesitant, nodded before rushing over to the youngest Schmidt girl and placed one hand on Kloe's shoulder and the other on the tree. She set her foot on Kloe's palm, lifting her chin to the branch she had to grab. "Okay, I can almost reach it."

"Alright, you ready?" Kloe asked, and Isabelle nodded in return. "Okay, three... two... one!" she used all the strength in her body to push the teenage girl up. Isabelle also pushed herself up as both of her hands gripped onto the branch.

"Okay, okay, I got it!" Isabelle said, her voice slightly raising as she pulled herself up, groaning and grunting. Kloe stared up at the girl, hoping she'd be able to do it. Isabelle lifted her leg, putting it on the other side of the branch. "Good thing I'm flexible," she muttered, sitting on the branch with her legs on either side.

"You should be able to get to your treehouse from there, Isabelle," Kloe pointed to the treehouse, making the young teen look over at it. She nodded before slowly and cautiously crawled over to it.

"Slow and steady, Isa. You can do it, you can do it," she whispered to herself as she grew closer to her treehouse. As she got closer, the branch began to tear from the trunk. The teen swiftly turned her head to look and the look of worry filled her expression, "Uh, Klo? The branch is breaking."

Kloe stared cautiously at the branch and the teen, "It's okay. It's okay. Keep going." Isabelle did what the girl said and continued to push herself over to the edge of the branch, just going over halfway. Unfortunately, the branch didn't have the same plans and snapped. "Isabelle!" Kloe yelled as the teen quickly grabbed onto the fencing of the treehouse before she could fall.

"I'm okay! The branch isn't though," Isabelle breathed, slightly shaking from almost falling. Kloe released a shaky breath with relief. The Marshel teen girl hauled herself over the fencing, exhaling as she walked over to the tangled up ladder.

Once she successfully untangled it, she dropped it down the hole to enter the treehouse grounds, allowing Kloe to climb up. She grabbed hold of the ladder and began climbing up, making sure her bow was high up on her shoulder.

Isabelle extended out her hand for Kloe to grab onto, which she took gratefully as she got up. Kloe rose to her feet and stood beside Isabelle. "Nothing's changed," Kloe muttered as Isabelle opened the door to her treehouse with a key that was hidden underneath a plant pot.

Kloe stepped inside, admiring the pretty room that Isabelle had. There was a wooden single bed that was covered with plain gray blankets and a few plushies that sat on the end of the bed. The bed was underneath a circular window. Right above the bed were bookshelves that held many books and a few photo frames.

In the corner of the room was a wooden wardrobe that only had a few hangers inside of it with clothes attached to them. The other side of the room was a miniature kitchen that only had a big cabinet full of food and bottled water. On the counter beside the cabinet were piles of baby wipes which is what Isabelle used to clean herself since she didn't have running water.

Everything was made out of dark wood, which didn't surprise Kloe since it was a treehouse. She turned to her teenage friend who was rummaging through a small chest that was at the end of her bed, "Nice house."