Chapter 13: Moment of Truth

Start from the beginning

Every chance to talk to her I always find myself retreating. Her cold eyes showing nothing at all made me hesitant to reconcile with her. I knew I had hurt her so much. I come to realized how much she meant to me. As the saying goes, "you'll never know its worth until it's gone".

I tried to make her jealous by kissing Annabel when she's around but to no avail. I don't know if she still love me or did she even love me.

The thought of a one-sided love made me curse the fate... the day I met her, the day I kissed her.... it made it all worst.

Today, when I saw her, the longing I felt rushed through me. I wanted to pull her into my arms and never let her go. I wanted her to know how much I missed her, that I love her so much that it pained me seeing her but I can't touch her. So close yet so far.

I wanted to scream the words I love you, but I knew it's pointless. She never loved me.

She looked at me coldly, still no hint of any longing in her eyes. She just walked passed us without glancing over our direction. When she was a meter away, I was alarmed I felt like this is going to be the last chance.

I just found my voice calling her. "Nicki!!" I could taste the bitterness in my voice, my heart bleeding.

I suck in my breath barely audible when she stops, but then, she never turned her head. I waited and waited... but she didn't. Then, she continued pacing into the library aisles. I heaved a painful sigh and with a heavy heart I followed my friends.

"Goodbye, Nicki!" I uttered decisively with my heavy heart. I felt the stray tear rolled down my cheeks.

*****

NIKKI POV

When I got home after school I went straight to my room and cried until there were no more tears left. I don't know how or when did he enter into my elusive heart. All I know is that I felt him there. His face, his smell, his voice, everything about him was engraved into my heart, into my soul.

I had hurt myself quite many times during my martial arts training. I crashed many times when I started racing with motorcycles that's why I decided to do car racing, I thought I could handle it better, but the pain now with our break-up was far worse than the pain I had during those times.

It's painful than death.

The next day, I went to school with heavy heart praying I wouldn't come across with them. I was wearing a sunglasses since my eyes are puffy and sore. Lilian and Mara kept sighing beside me. I just ignored them.

We entered our first subject. I wasn't paying attention whatever the teacher was blabbering about. All I wanted to do is leave the place and never come back.

The history class was over with my head wandering away and same thing with the next class. I was just lucky the teacher didn't notice me I wasn't paying attention.

When lunch break came, Lilian and Mara was asking me to join them but I declined it politely. They didn't force me.

I walked out the English classroom and kept on walking along the hallway, thinking to go to the library. I was ambling to the hallway when I passed by an abandoned room. I walked back, facing backward and walked in. I thought it's a perfect place to kill time. I was about to sit on one of the dirty chairs when I heard two voices arguing behind a big old dusty cabinet.

My curiosity kicked in. I walked quietly closer to the cabinet.

"Stop! I don't owe you any explanation, Annabel," a man's voice growled. I knew that voice even when I'm sleeping. It's Alexander's voice. And what are they doing behind the cabinet?