Chapter 8 - A New Base?

Start from the beginning

One lone mountain was towering in front of us.

Kendra started to go around.
We followed her.

After we came to the mountain's right side, we were surprised to see a handmade path under our feet.

There was a big metallic door engraved in the mountain.

The bear approached it.
A small panel opened up revealing a 10-digit keyboard.

After entering the passcode the door started to slowly open.

Kendra- This is one of the bunkers FAHA used during the start of the war to store resources for fast accessibility - she explained

Kendra
- This is one of the bunkers FAHA used during the start of the war to store resources for fast accessibility - she explained.

Blake
- And now you're using it-

Kendra
- for myself, yep.

With a hand gesture to follow her, she sharted to go deeper into the bunker.

I took a glance at Dex.
He didn't look very happy.

Dex
- Quit staring at me, you know what I think about all of this.

Blake
- Dex, do you see other options? We have nowhere to go and no forces to fight back, the two known to us bases have been destroyed, and I'm not even sure if there are any others left. This is our only chance at surviving! Think Dex, think! - I lost my cool there for a bit.

A growl escaped him.

Kendra
- Are you two coming or not? - her voice with a slight bit of annoyance echoed through the entrance.

Blake
- Come on, let's not make her wait.

We started to enter the bunker while slowly examining its insides.

The door behind us started to slowly descend and closed in the end

Cold corridors consisting of similar cold walls.

We came to what seemed like some sort of dorms.

Kendra
- Go and select a room for yourselves. Also, it's getting late, so go and get some sleep. You two look like walking corpses. - she said while closing the door of what seemed like her room.

I and Dex looked at each other.

Blake, Dex
- Damn, she's right...

We looked around and saw two rooms.

Dex
- I ain't sleeping in a room next to hers. - he announced while making his way to the farthest door.

Blake
- I was expecting that... *yawn* Alright, g'night bro. - I said in a tired tone.

Dex
- Yeah, night. - he entered his room and closed the door.