✴️ Chapter 14✴️: A beautiful gift for my ex

Start from the beginning

" I don't believe in all these paranormal shit. If Eleanora is dead, she's dead. Stop trying to scare the masses".

"Dark times are coming for this nation"

"It wouldn't come near my family or me. We weren't the one that killed the princess"

"No one said you killed the princess, we're saying that it's very possible that Eleanora was set up and it's also very possible that she was murdered. That means there might be a serial killer on the loose. The police-"

I switched off the radio myself before adjusting well on my seat.

"You could have told me to switch off the radio, Princess. I'd have done it". Lucas said as he drove to my desired destination.

"What about those boys you rescued?" I asked Lucas, my hand resting on the door on the car, as I looked outside the tinted glass.

"They're at the location, your highness". He replied.

"Any information about them I need to know?" I asked him, watching as the streets were busy with commoners, going about their daily life.

"They were working for the Henias until they were almost killed for failing a job. I found them almost dead at the shore so I nursed them back to health, since then they've been grateful to me and are willing to do anything to repay my favor".

"What are their names?" I asked.

"One is named Rahul and the other is named Abdul Raheem". He replied.

I turned around to look at Lucas who was driving. "You said they once worked for the Henias?"

"Yes, your highness. But I don't know the work exactly". He replied.

"Did you tell them that this work they're about doing is their interview?" I asked him.

"Not yet, your highness". He replied.

"What about the pay? Did they tell you how much they wanted to be paid?" I asked Lucas, who was glancing over his shoulder once in a while to look at me.

"They said fifty thousand liaos, is what they want. I told them it was too much and tried to negotiate with them, so they settled for forty thousand".

"I'll triple the pay". I said to him, as I opened up the other suitcase Phillips had given me. It was filled with dollars to the brim.

Earlier, Phillips had given me two boxes of money. He said that he was going to send me the henchmen later. I gave a box to Justin, who probably saw it as an insult and pushed the box away. The second box is here with me. He also gave me a car that I'll need to drive around with twelve plate numbers. We needed it so we could be mobile.

I took out a stack of money. Each was 100 dollars. I counted it and it was 50.  I prepared 5000 dollars for each of them, putting each in a brown envelope I had preserved for them.

"Your highness, I don't understand one thing. I'll need you to shed more light on it". I heard Lucas say.

"What is it?"

"Mr Phillips promised to get us Henchmen, so why is there need to get another one? Wouldn't that be double money?" He asked and I hissed at his foolishness.

"Only a fool will completely trust anyone with the Henia name. I understand he gave us a car and money, but that's part of the deal. And as for the henchmen that he would provide, they will still report back to their boss whatever I asked them to do.

   I need my personal henchmen. One he doesn't know anything about, that will do a thorough job for me". I explained to him.

"And as for you Lucas... whatever is done here, remains here. Always check the car's nook and cranny in case a bug has been planted on us". I said to him and he nodded.

Suddenly the car came to a halt and in a distance we could see the Henia mansion. I sucked in air and walked out of the car, trying my best to feign confidence as old memories started flooding my mind. I pull down my veil from the facinator and allowed it to cover my face. Then I wore my sunshades so they wouldn't recognize how I looked.

  I remembered the feeling I had when I got back from my honeymoon with Dure and was welcomed by so many servants, Kalia, Mary and Ciara, embracing me with open arms.

I looked at the gates of the Henia mansion,  the mansion that was once my matrimonial home. Two guys were standing at the gates. Both were tall and muscular. One looked like an Indian and the other looked more like an Arabian. Lucas signalled them to come over and they did, both walking to where I was already standing, at the other side of the car, where the gate man of the Henia gate wouldn't see me.

The two men were dressed as pest control agents. It was no wonder they could walk in and out of there so freely.

  Lucas stretched forth his hands to them and they shaked it in turns. Then Lucas said to them "This is the madam I was talking to you about. I've talked to her about the both of you".

The Asian guy stretched his hand towards me for a handshake, saying "It's nice meeting you, ma'am. My name is Rahul and my partner here is Raheem". But instead of shaking his hand, I handed them their envelopes.

"Lucas told me you wanted fifty thousand liaos. I decided to triple the pay. In each envelope, 5000 dollars lay there. I'm not going to make it more than that so as not to cause any suspicion from the government. Also, in those envelopes are burner phones. That's what you'll be using to contact me. By no means should you call me without me texting you first". I said to them and they nodded, both taking their envelopes from me.

"Furthermore, both of you should make a report to me, pass it through Lucas, on the latest development of the Henias. Any projects their working on and everything I need to know about the project". I continued, trying my best to back the wind so the wind won't blow away my facinator.

"Also, you'll be living where you stayed with Lucas before and when the time is right, both of you will have to leave the country. But before then, I'll be working with you both and the only mistake I'll never tolerate is if you leave a trace. In everything you do with me, not a trace must be left behind. Be smart and meticulous". I told them and they nodded.

"Okay. Now, where's the stick?" I asked as I was ready to move down to business.

Rahul brought out the stick from inside the pesticide tank that Raheem had on his back. Then they handed it to me. I signalled them to get into the car and they both did while I faced the mansion myself.

Every memory that I had in that house came flooding back as I looked at it. The night I stayed under the rain with injured feet just so I could see my husband return, or those other days that I cried in silence.

  I was ready to put it all behind me.

Lucas lit up the stick with a lighter and the stick blazed up. The fire called the attention of the security man who has been watching us from behind closed doors.

  He walked out of his post and walked towards the gate. My legs were shivering because I knew that what I was about to do will take away lives. The hand that held the stick was shaking and I got angry with myself for becoming weak.

  But then the voice came again.
"You're the mistress, Nora!"
"We were never married!"
" A disgrace to the nation, that's what you are"

Tina's face, Dure's face flashed before my eyes. I could see them laughing and pointing fingers at me.

I sucked in my breath, stood tall and threw the fire into the  compound with all my strength. Then I ran into the car, Lucas driving away as soon as possible.

  The next thing I heard was an Earth shattering sound like a bomb had just gone off.

Mission one completed.