When we finally made it back, we burst into the room to see that Henderson had been killed. Daniels turned to look at us. "I just left to get a drink." He said sadly and I groaned. That meant that Daniels was the last one left. The last man until Imhotep was fully regenerated. We ran and opened Evie's door. Imhotep was kissing Evie.

"Get off of her!" I yelled and Evie woke up, jumping away from Imhotep with a scream. She fell beside her bed. Imhotep turned to look at us. I could see he was almost regenerated, for he looked nearly human again. "Look what I got!" Rick called and held up the cat.

Imhotep shrieked and flew out of the room in the tornado of sand once again. I rushed over to Evie. "Are you alright?" Rick asked from across the room."I don't think I am." Jonathan said breathlessly and we all turned to give him a dirty look. I helped Evie up. She had on a black nightgown. "You scared me." I told her, hugging her tight.

We went and got Dr. Bey and Ardeth, because we needed all the help we could get. We'd also brought Daniels along, who desperately needed our protection. We ran up the steps of the Museum of Antiquities. "Research says that the black book can bring people back to life, which was a notion I was unwilling to believe-" Evie said, and Jonathan chuckled. "Believe it sister."

"Then I'm thinking-" "The gold one can kill him." I finished her sentence. "That's the myth. Now we just have to figure out where the gold book is hidden." Evie said and walked up to a stone tablet with hieroglyphics on it. She and Dr. Bey started to translate it. That's when we heard the shouts.

"Imhotep."
"Imhotep."
"Imhotep."

I ran to the window with Jonathan, Ardeth, and Rick behind me. There was a crowd of men with boils and sores all on their face. "Ah, last but not least, my favorite plague. Boils and sores." Jonathan said and I gave him a look. "You have a favorite plague?" I asked him, and he grinned. "Doesn't everyone?" He countered.

"They have become his slaves. So it has begun. The beginning of the end." Ardeth said dramatically. Everything he said sounded dramatic. "Ha!" Evie called and I walked over to her. "This says that the Book of Amun-Ra is buried inside the statue of Anubis." Evie said.

"That's where we found the black book." Rick said and Jonathan ran a hand through his brown hair. "Looks like the boys at Bembridge were mistaken." "Yes, they mixed up where the books were buried. So if the black book was in the statue of Anubis, that means that the gold book is..." Evie trailed off, reading again. I glanced worriedly at the door, which was getting pushed open by the crowd. "Evie, hurry." Jonathan said.

"Patience is a virtue." She sang and I glanced down at the door. "Not right now it isn't!" Rick said. "I'll go and start the car!" Jonathan said and I rushed after him. We ran outside and heard the crowd behind us. I turned and fired a few shots at the men while Jonathan hopped into the car and crunk it.

Everyone came running out then, and I jumped into the car quickly. Beni ran out after us. "Imhotep!" He yelled and Imhotep let out a roar at us. "You're gonna get yours, Beni!" Rick yelled. There was barely any room in the car with seven people packed in. I sat on the back of the car, shooting into the crowd as they chased us. They were almost touching the car as we sped down the street.

Rick and Ardeth were fighting people that jumped into the car off. A man jumped and grabbed at me, trying to snatch me out. Evie grabbed him and jabbed him in the eyes. "Thanks." I said quickly. Jonathan let out a squeal as he stopped the car. There was a crowd in front of us and one behind us. "What do we do?" He asked, glancing at me.

I climbed into his lap and slammed the gas. Men tumbled over our heads, rolling off the car. "O Connell! O CONNELL!" Daniels yelled. I looked back as Daniels fell into the crowd. We came to a halt, hitting a fire hydrant, and I slammed the brakes. We jumped out, running down the street.

We came to a stop when the crowd came around us from all sides. Rick raised his pistols and I glanced at Jonathan. We were seriously outnumbered. The crowd parted and Beni and Imhotep came walking towards us. "It's the creature. He's fully regenerated." Dr. Bey said, his voice full of fear.

Imhotep spoke in Ancient Egyptian to Evie. "Come with me, my princess and be with me forever." Beni translated to us. "For all eternity, idiot." Evie said angrily to Beni. I guess he didn't realize Evie could understand Imhotep. Imhotep began to speak again. "Take my hand and I will spare your friends." Beni translated again.

I gave Evie a look telling her not to go. From the look on her face, I knew she would go with him. She would do anything to save us. "Anyone have any bright ideas?" Evie asked, glancing at us . "Because if he turns me into a mummy, you're the first one I'm coming after." She told Rick, walking forward to go with Imhotep. "Evie no!" I said and she turned to me. "He' has to take me to Hamunaptra to perform the ritual." She said, placing a hand on Rick's chest.

"Evelyn!" Rick called as they walked away. "Evie!" Jonathan yelled. Imhotep turned and smirked at us. Rick lunged for him, but Ardeth snatched him back. "Live today, fight tomorrow." Rick snatched out of Ardeth's grasp. "I'll be seeing you again." He told Imhotep. Imhotep smirked and walked off, shouting something in Egyptian. It must have been bad because Evie started struggling to get away. "No! Let me go!" She yelled. I watched in despair as my best friend left me, possibly forever.