Chapter 1 - Bye Blair, Hello Mr America

School starts in two weeks and I can officially say that I've wasted another summer. Also to add to the things that are going so well in my life, I've had no sleep for the past few nights due to the moving vans outside my house. Maybe it's the fact that whoever it is that's moving in next door is taking the house of my best friend Blair who had ditched me to go and live in Australia but I really don't like the family already. Well to be honest I haven't seen them yet but I just know that they'll be awful.

My parents are both at work today and because I haven't decided to get my ass out of bed until 11am, they have both gone. I look outside my window at my long street, the moving can has gone and all that's left is a few cardboard boxes. I walk down the stairs and slip my pink slippers on to go and move the bins out the front. I told you, what an exciting life right? It's so damn cold outside, I should've put on a jacket. I walk over and begin to drag the green bin round to the front of the house. What the hell have my parents put in this bin? It weighs a fucking ton.

"Need help with that?" A soft male American voice calls from the garden that once belonged to Blair so I whip round to match the face to the voice. He's tall and has blonde hair that falls across the front of his face.

"No. I can manage just fine." I turn my back on him and continue to pull the bin slowly across the front of my house.

"Really? Because I really don't mind helping." He starts to walk towards me.

"I said I'm fine." I flash him a smile that says 'go away' and he holds his hands up in defeat.

"Whatever you say." He goes back and stands on Blair's grass, watching me struggle to move the bin. I finally reach the end of my driveway and place the bin down. I begin to walk back towards the warmth of my home when he opens his mouth again.

"I'm Drew." He smiles and extends his hand for me to shake. Do I look like I'm a hand shaker?

"I'm Dylan." I take his hand in mine and shake it softly before dropping it.

"Like the boys name?" He tries to hide a giggle but I can clearly see the laughter.

"No, like my name." I say coldly. I told you I wouldn't like him.

"Sorry." He says still smirking.

"Okay well this was lovely but I have a whole season of pretty little liars to watch." I fold my arms and walk back towards my door before he stops me again.

"Dylan?"

"What?!" I turn around sharply and throw my arms up.

"You could show me around? I haven't been out of the street yet." He scratches the back of his neck as if he were nervous? What does he think I am? Some tour guide?

"I could but..."

"Please?" He smiles kind of making me unable to say no.

"Fine, I'll be ready in half an hour." I slam my front door and run upstairs. Honestly I agreed because I'm tired of doing nothing, at least I'll get a day of summer that I'm not spending alone in my bedroom. I quickly pulled on a black skirt and a white lace top. It looked boiling outside so I put on a bit of sun cream before applying my makeup.

I have no clue where I'm going to take Drew but I'll probably start with the park.

I walk outside to meet Drew and he's waiting in Blair's front garden as if he hadn't moved.

"Come on let's go." I walk forward signalling him to follow me and he does.

"So where are you taking me?" He asks taking off his sunglasses and chewing one of the ends.