Chapter 2: A Mysterious Meeting

I finish up with the rest of my work at the office while Mr. Wayne wanders around. It feels like he is constantly looking over my shoulder checking on what I am doing. My coworkers seemed intrigued by Mr. Wayne but a little annoyed that he was giving me the most attention. It felt like an eternity for 5pm to happen when I was finally able to go home.

          Ah shit. I have to meet up with Mr. Wayne later tonight leaving me with 2 hours to arrive and get ready. Luckily the place we were to meet up at was a five minute drive from my place. I flagged down a taxi and arrived at my apartment. I was in awe today I met a billionaire not any random billionaire but Bruce Wayne, head of Wayne Enterprises. I also witnessed my boss and creepy coworker getting fired. Today was needless to say unexpected.

         It was now 5:30pm I guess I should start getting ready. I wanted to try looking good after all this was an important meeting with the head of a corporation. Not to mention he was way more handsome in real life compared to all the pictures I saw of him. Maybe that's why I didn't recognize him.

        I opened my closet to see it was nearly empty. I forgot that it was so expensive living here that I had never been shopping here in Gotham even though I have been living here for a little over a year. I pull out a semi-formal black dress. I comb my hair and apply some mascara and lip gloss I was now ready. It was only 6:20pm but I guess it would be better to be early than to be late.

        I go outside and call out to the taxi. The taxi driver took me to my destination xxx avenue. I didn't know where we were meeting at besides the street name so I guess I would be waiting here for a while. The time on my phone now read 6:45pm and a luxurious sports car pulled up. There he was showing up early and with an obnoxious car.

       He walked out and gave me a waving gesture as if he was giddy with excitement to see me. It was odd coming from him considering at the office he acted very reserved and shy yet confident in what he spoke.

        "Did you wait long?" He asked in his usual low toned voice.

        "Not at all, in fact I just arrived." Of course this was a lie I had waited for around 20 minutes but I didn't want to make him worry about me.

        He wore some semi formal clothes as well. It would have looked weird on someone else but it seemed for him he could pull off any look. I think that was one of the reasons he was considered to be the most handsome person alive. I noticed that I had been staring at him the entire time without saying a word.

       "Shall we go in?" I said nervously hoping he wouldn't say anything about me staring at him.

      "I mean, I did reserve seats for us so that seems like the best course of option." He let out a small chuckle.  

       I thought to myself at what he said. He had just made a small laughing noise, which caught me off guard. It sounded therapeutic with his beautiful vocal cords. It sounded how you would picture a perfect guy to laugh, but I guess he was the perfect guy.

       We made our way to the back of the restaurant it was usually crowded but no one sat around us.

      "So did you rent out this entire room or what?" I said with a sound of laughter in my voice.

      "That's exactly what I did."

      I had gave a smirk and a small sound of a laugh erupted from me. He was so rich he could rent out one of the most popular and expensive restaurants just for a small meeting.

        "What's so funny Miss l/n?" he asked with a twinge of curiosity.

        "Nothing really, it's just I find it amusing to how rich you are." 

        "It wasn't easy to get where I am today you know."

        "I didn't mean it in a rude way Mr.Wayne, I just think it is really impressive being able to do so many things with money."

        "Being rich and famous has its costs such as constantly being stalked or harassed by women online or in real life. It often can take a mental toll on others."

       I could tell he was being honest about what he said. People often glamorize being rich but they never talk about the bad stuff. Sure his life is probably easier since he doesn't have to worry about how much stuff will cost but he does have normal stresses like any other human.

       "I apologize if I did come off that way but with all honesty I was impressed at what you have accomplished with your life at such an early age."

      "Don't worry about it I understand people don't usually come across billionaires in their lifetime." he smiled with a small amount of laughter coming from him.

     I could tell this was his attempt to lighten the mood and it totally worked I felt much more at ease. I did feel like I didn't belong since it was a fancy restaurant and I was literally sitting down with a billionaire but you know how many people can say they met one. I considered myself lucky for meeting him.

      "So should we start our discussion over you being transferred to a new branch of my company?"

     "Sure."

      "What exactly are your credentials? What do you think would fit best for you?"

       "I don't really have anything that special to me but I think I could be another receptionist or personal assistant. Not to brag but I am really good at organizing other people's work and schedules so that is why I think I could qualify as a personal assistant."

      "Would you, by any chance, enjoy working at the headquarters."

     I nearly choked on my water hearing that. Would that mean I would be in his work area, that would mean there would be a possibility of us running into each other. It was risky having to see him again since he did make me nervous but my payment would be higher if I was made into one of the higher ups personal assistants. Was it worth it? Hell yeah it was!

       "I would be fine with working in the headquarters." I tried keeping my poker face trying not to look too happy that my pay would probably be higher.

        "Great! You can start on Monday as my personal assistant. I will send you the rest of the information later via email."

        A stream of shock waved over me. I couldn't back out now that I had agreed but I definitely wasn't expecting to be his personal assistant! 

         The waiter had just now brought our food which smelt delicious but I seemed to have lost my appetite hearing that I would be Mr.Wayne's personal assistant. We finished eating and made small talk about my personal life. I realized all we did was talk about myself and that he is a very reserved person. 

         Once I got back home I threw myself on my bed after taking off my heels. Today was tiring to say the least. Monday was only 4 days away. I turned off my phone and quickly fell asleep. Tomorrow I pick my stuff up from work and the next few days I will prepare to become a personal assistant to Bruce Wayne. My week was about to be extremely busy.

<<_________________________________>>

Author's Note: I kind of feel like this chapter started off very chaotic and ended chaotic. I don't know how to feel about it. I am now on summer break so this story will probably upload twice a week. Stay tuned for the next chapter to see how you react with a possible meeting with batman.

Word Count: 1,352