He let out a dry laugh. "You are so naive. You don't know them, Amaris! No matter how convinced you are that you do, based on watching them for a thousand years. You haven't had to argue with them. Haven't had to talk to them for more than a few seconds at a time. They are going to hurt you, just like they hurt everyone that enters their lives. You don't stand a chance. You will suffer because of them, you will die because of them."

"I don't believe that. Klaus, I know, will hurt me. But the others... I haven't even had a chance to speak to Elijah and Rebekah alone, yet! I can't judge them so harshly! I won't get to know them if you kill them. Please, Finn... please."

Somehow, the puppy eyes seemed to work on him. Because he didn't outright snap his fingers to put her to sleep. "Stop making that face," he demanded, turning away.

She leaned over the table, forcing him to look at her, keeping the same expression. "Oh, you are insufferable," he muttered lowly. "When I asked for a sister, I didn't mean one like you."

"As annoyed as you are with me, you haven't killed me. That has to count for something."

"You're more likable than them," he muttered. "Even if you are a complete brat."

She caught his hand when he made to grab another bunch of herbs. "How about you try to find Freya, instead?" she asked sweetly.

He made a face at her. "What?"

"Find Freya. You said she might still be alive. If you want me to stop bothering you about saving our siblings, then give me a different, better sister that I can rely on."

She wanted to see if Freya was still alive, she really did. But not to use her as a replacement for the others if Finn killed them off. More to distract him. To keep him from doing anything that would hurt Kol.

"Come on," she said, offering her wrist. "You can do the magic test to check that I'm your sister, then we can combine our blood to find Freya. That's how Locator Spells work, right?"

"We could try," he murmured. He took a knife, placing it in her palm, then giving her a bowl. She cut into her palm, letting the blood drip into the bowl until her wound naturally healed. She handed him the knife and bowl back, and he used a different knife to cut into his hand, allowing the blood to mix. He waved a hand over it, murmuring a small spell as he poured the blood onto a different plate. It split into three strange blobs. One much larger than the other two, and one far smaller.

"What does that mean?" she asked him, noticing the two smaller blobs, if combined, would equal the size of the larger one.

"The large cluster represents the blood we share. Mikael's blood. The larger of the two small ones is our connection to Esther. I imagine it's not an even split because a part of you is still tainted with Esther's magic. The smallest is the blood you share with your mother."

He scooped the smallest cluster of blood into a vial, then set it aside for her. He took a bit from the cluster that belonged to Esther, likely to locate her, too. The rest of the blood was left on the plate.

"I will attempt to find my mother, first, now that the blood has been isolated," he said. "You're going to help me."

He grabbed her arm, channeling her as he chanted his next spell. She let out a yelp of pain, biting her lip hard to not show that it hurt as he moved Esther's bit of blood from the vial onto a map. She watched as the small blob remained stationary for a moment, before sliding over to where the Saint Roch Cemetery was marked on the map. Finn let go of her, as if just realizing something.

"I couldn't find her because I didn't sense her magic anymore," he whispered. "But when I used the bit of your blood that is connected to her magic..." he rubbed his chin. "She's probably hidden somewhere in there." He tapped Amaris's shoulder, "You can track her." He went to get a sweater, offering it to her. "She wore this."