Day 2: Tests, Tests, and more Tests!

I missed the majority of a conversation between Cap'n and some residents of the Surface—Pearl and Marina—while I was sleeping, but he explained that the more I did, the better they'd be able to help us and pinpoint our location. While waiting for the next stop, I wrote poems for the little mementos I earned: just something to let my creativity fly as my memories return. I read magazines in between tests to let my mind at ease. One of them included images of Inkopolis and even the mysterious stories about the Great Zapfish—whatever that is—and its past disappearance. Apparently, the magazine was old, as Cap'n told me the Battle Lobby for the Ink Battling Sport that Pearl and Marina talked about now resides in Deca Tower in Inkopolis Square. I discovered several new lines connecting to Line A: Lines B, C, and G. Two of the lines—Lines B and C—contain a Thang according to C.Q. Cumber. I learned the basic concepts of Tower Control and Rainmaker as I read through the magazine.

Turf War sounds so fantastical to me. I spent every ride imagining life in Inkopolis, but since Cap'n Cuttlefish spent most of his time in the Valley, there was little he could tell me about modern Inkopolis. It took me a few rides before I could wrap my head around just how much must've changed since he was last in the City.

"Agent 3's been telling me about what's changed, since he was fourteen and just starting out in the city: alone. New developments in technology and culture, new acceptances of species, new brands... it's hard to believe how far the species have come."

"Really? Hm-hm! He sounds like a nice person under that rough exterior... 'tis a shame we—nanida kke?—we were... enemies."

"He is a nice inkling, but very serious. Few people have been able to get past the 'rough exterior.'" 

————————————————————————————————————

Author's Notes: 

Japanese (Agent 8): "What is it?"