4

Mark broke the silence again as Alex guided the car off the interstate. "How the hell did they get there that fast?"

"I don't know Mark; we disabled all the alarms, unless." Meredith responded turning to look at her brother.

"Unless what Mer?" Mark questioned leaning up.

"Unless they installed a silent alarm that we never knew about. A lot of places like banks and now jewelry stores are installing additional alarm systems on top of the system they already have." Meredith said locking eyes with Callie.

"I disabled the alarm; you guys should have been fine." Callie told them. "We got away, with almost a million dollars in diamonds. We didn't get caught. It's a win for us, remember?"

"We understand it's a win Callie, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't discuss the fact that someone's ass screwed up. The cops were there too soon for it to be a fluke." Alex said.

"Then Mark dropping the tools didn't help the matter any." Callie said under her breath.

"Good job, Butterfingers." Alex said chuckling.

"I told you Meredith pushed me!" Mark told them.

"Get over it Mark. You were so damn slow; anyway it's not my fault you couldn't keep from dropping your tools. Maybe you are just too old." Meredith's eyes glittered with laughter.

"Shut it half-pint." Mark replied, trying not to laugh. "Trust me this old ass gets no complaints in other thieving areas. You don't hear Callie complaining about my old slow ass at night."

"Oh my virgin ears. Too Much Information, A girl doesn't need to hear that kind of stuff about her older old brother." Meredith says rolling her eyes.

"Virgin ears my ass." Alex said under his breath.