Threats and Opportunities

Start from the beginning

The device was pressed once more, stopping the beeping before it was safely placed back into the utility belt as the Bat stood up straight.

Silence filled the hall once more before the deep steps of the vigilante sounded as walked past the half-dead corpse.

---

Gotham stood at early morning, the hue of the rising sun cast a deep orange light across the Gotham skyscrapers and streets. The streets were quiet with only the travelling of those foolish enough to be awake at such an early time.

The Batmobile roared through the streets of Gotham, disrupting the silence, as the Batman tapped the steering wheel anxiously.

"Something amiss, Master Wayne?" The voice of Alfred spoke.

"Just wondering how I tell Dick." He admitted, "Y/n was like his brother, he was distraught when he died."

"I believe it would be best to be direct, though I do wonder what Master Grayson's reaction would be." The butler advised, "he was terribly fond of Master Todd."

"And you, Al?"

"Master Wayne?"

"You were fond of Y/n too."

"Well, I'm certainly happy he's no longer amongst the dead, although I wish he'd walked a different path after returning."

The Bat simply hummed in response as the Batmobile turned and soared towards the end of the road, the Titan Tower in the distance.

---

When the Dark Knight entered the communal area of the Titan Tower, it was noticeably silent and empty.

The Batman walked over to the large window and looked out, the height of the tower showing him the skyline of the nearby city.

His mind raced with so many thoughts, old memories of training y/n, his first night and many of the battles he'd helped with. The criminals he'd put away. The Bat smiled briefly before his thoughts changed to what he had become now, the burning corpses, the shining ring on his hand.

The Dark Knight was only pulled out of his thoughts when the sound of a door opening nearby caught his attention.

Turning, he watched as the Titans all filtered in, they looked tired, with noticeable bags under the eyes of the younger team members.

The teams attention shifted away from their tiredness as they looked over and noticed the Bat vigilante that stood within their tower.

"Is there a situation, Bruce?" Asked Nightwing, stepping forwards to the front of the group as they approached.

"No..."

Bruce reached upwards and pulled his cowl off, causing Dick to remove his domino mask.

"...Dick...Y/n is alive."

A look of shock and disbelief spread across the groups faces as what Bruce had said registered.

"But we had a funeral, was that pretend?" Garfield asked.

"No, he was dead. But Ra's Al Ghul brought him back."

Dick looked around the communal area, his tiredness replaced with hope. A look of realisation spawned on his face before he walked over and looked upwards into the lighting area.

"He isn't here, Dick"

Bruce walked past the group and placed a hand on Dick's shoulder, causing Dick to look towards Bruce.

"Where is he then?"

"Currently, we don't know."

"We?"