I laughed, "Welcome to the club."

"Oh, right. Maya used to sign you up a lot back then."

"Every chance she gets."

"It must've been fun." Lizzie said. "I mean, from what I can remember, and there's not a lot of it, it seemed like you like being up there. Performing. Singing your heart out."

"Only because of y—" I stopped to look at her, wanting to pour a little bit of my feelings, but I couldn't go on any further. "Maybe, I should be a singer instead."

She mimics my energy, a slight smile on her face, "I'd support you. It'll work out. I mean, you don't even have to look for a place to record your songs. You already have a studio for that."

"Yes, exactly."

We laughed in unison as we worked together as a team. The pressure, and a little bit of what I thought was my uncontrollable nerves, I'm starting to feel them leave my body. Being in the same space as her doesn't seem so bad anymore. Conversations don't feel forced, and for a single moment, I didn't think about running away.

"Hey, Y/N, can you do me a favor?" Tristan came out of nowhere. "I have to run somewhere, so can you lock up the place after you're done? Here are the keys."

"Yeah, of course."

"Thank you." He handed me the keys and left.

"It looks like it's just the two of us." Lizzie ran up the stage and sat on the stool. "What should I play next?" She grabbed the guitar as she played a couple of chords.

"You sure do have a lot of energy." I chuckled. "I thought you came back to help me?"

"I did that."

I shook my head in laughter as I turned around to lock the case. I reached for all of it, making sure they're secured. Shivers down my spine is an understatement. As soon as I heard what she was playing, my heart immediately fell at the very pit of my stomach. I couldn't move, and it's taking every ounce of energy in me not to break down a little because it reminded me so much of how we used to be. The song always will.

"All I knew
This morning when I woke
Is I know something now
Know something now I didn't before
And all I've seen
Since eighteen hours ago
Is green eyes and freckles and your smile
In the back of my mind making me feel like..."

I spun myself around to face her, and it was like I had seen a ghost. I don't know if it's obvious from her perspective, but by the look on my face, it's clearly affecting me in more ways than one. I didn't know it was possible to feel so much all at the same time. Both positive and negative emotions approach me like waves coming up the shore.

Our eyes connected like earlier, but this time felt different. I could feel my heart glow with every second that passed by, and the longer I stood a few feet away from her, the more I wanted to get rid of the distance between us. It's rare to see her sing, let alone play the guitar so fluently. Even when we were together, I didn't get to hear her voice as frequently as I do now. And it doesn't take a second look to realize just how much heart she's pouring into this.

I must've been way in over my head along with my feelings because I didn't realize that she was done until she approached me with a worried look on her face. It took a second for me to compose myself so as to not look like a fool dwelling on what this could mean for me.