022

🫀

-"Jeneah?" Melo waved his hand in my face

-
"Jeneah?" Melo waved his hand in my face. I realized I zoned out. "Oh- what?" I look at him.

"You trynna be my girl?" he asked again. We just looked at each other. I was looking for an answer cause I was fucking stuck.

"Y-yeah." I nod. "You sound like you lyin' Jeneah." he tilted his head. I shook my head. "Im not. It just caught me off guard." I laughed.

"Mmhm." he lays down. I sighed and got up from the bed to go to the bathroom. What if Ashley starts fucking with us again?

I pray she doesn't.

"Jeneah!" I heard my mom's voice downstairs. "Yea-" my mom? I open the door and rush downstairs.

I look around and didn't see anyone. "You good?" I heard Melo behind me. "Oh yeah, im trippin." I said shaking my head.

"My brothers here. I got practice and I gotta get back to Spire. I'll text you." he kissed me. "I thought you were spending the night?" I was sad for real.

"Me too. Aye, I promise I gotchu tomorrow. Plus it's Friday, tomorrow baby." he kisses me again. "Okay." I said and we hug and he left.

What fucking drug am I on to hear my mama's voice? No ma'am.
---
"Talk." Jelica shoves my arm. I smack my lips and take a sip of my drink. "So how are you and Melo?" James asked.

We were all at the diner. "Oh." I smiled. "We're dating now." I said. "AHHH!" Jelica hugs me.

"Good looks friend." Kenny laughed and so did James. "Why aren't y'all hanging out though?" she asked collecting herself again.

"We were but he had to do something for Spire." I said and they nod. "He's good as fuck at basketball." Kenny said eating his burger.

"Yeah, he is." I nod. "Oh bitch you finna run his pockets?" Jelica laughed and James choked on his fry causing us to die out laughing.

"Don't run his pockets." James laughed while coughing. You ever laugh so hard nothing comes out? Yeah, that's me.

"Oh- this nigga choked!" Kenny deadass wheezed. "Nah that's crazy!" Jelica hit the table with her hand laughing.

I had tears in my eyes damn near. "Can you guys quiet down?" we all stopped laughing and look to see Ashley.

"Oh bitch we gone laugh." Jelica laughed and we started to laugh all over again. "She a opp." James pointed.