For The Greatest Mother

Start from the beginning

Finally, the food was done, and Kurfürst quickly whipped up some softer food for Spee before serving everyone their meal. She fed Spee while the others ate for themselves, occasionally having to tell off Eugen and Roon from playing with their food.

It was a lovely breakfast, and Kurfürst really couldn't ask for more in her life.
——

"Come on mama! Let's go!" Bismarck was happily skipping around, the others also doing so barring Zeppelin, who was holding Spee's hand.

Kurfürst had just finished combing her hair, and had on a casual outfit for the day. She planned for them to head to the base and meet with the soldiers, as well as to celebrate the day.

They didn't live too far from the base, as they all lived in Hawaii at this time, seeing as the Siren War ended only a few years ago incase they come back to battle again. It was short walk, and soon they were brought inside by the soldiers who were called in by her.

"Thanks for that boys, carry on."

They saluted her and returned to their posts, but not before the youngest man there gave her a chocolate bar. "Happy Mother's Day miss Kurfürst."

"Thank you young man." She saluted to him as he returned to his post, and she also noticed some of the soldiers cracking up while looking at her.

She was confused...until she looked down and saw that Bismarck returned the salute to him, mimicking her mother. She just smiled and patted Bismarck's head, walking off with her kids in tow towards the shipyard, where they'll play in the water under supervision.

Once they arrived at the open shipyard, Kurfürst egged then on and watched as they all jumped into the water, their riggings deploying as they floated on top of the calm waves. The riggings weren't developed, seemingly growing as the kids did, but the first function that came from them was the ability to walk on water...only shortly followed by the waterproof ability.

Kurfürst shuddered as she remembered how many times she had to dry off each of them before the ability kicked in.

"Goo~..." Spee tapped her chest, getting her mother's attention. The baby pointed to the other girls on the water. "Ah...ah!"

"You want to join them on the water?"

The baby blinked rapidly, Spee's own version of saying yes. Kurfürst smiled and took a step closer to the edge, looking down from the docks to the waves a few meters below.

"Mamma joining?!" She saw Roon point her out, the others quickly looking over, including Bismarck who was giving Z23 a noogie.

Kurfürst smiled and wrapped two hands around Spee before dropping off onto the waves. When she did, she held Spee out in front of her, letting the girl look her up and down if she wished.

"Spee, remember how to use your rigging?"

The baby pursed her lips and closed her eyes, before two small skates appeared on her feet. Kurfürst nodded and slowly lowered her to the surface of the water, before Spee's feet plopped onto the surface.

Kurfürst slowly let go, and Spee was standing there on the water with wobbly feet. All before she crashed down face first, soaking herself in the saltwater.

"Mommy, isn't she a bit small to try staning?" Z23 looked pretty worried for Spee, but Kurfürst just shook her head. "I started you all young in this, and you quickly learned how to move around in the waves.

She picked Spee back up, putting her on her feet again. She did notice the tears in her eyes however, even as Spee seemed to try and hold them in.

"Spee, I know this is hard, but look over to your sisters..." She turned her to show her the others all standing tall and stable on the waves. "Don't you want to join them like that? To be walking with them on the water?"

They smiled to Spee, giving the baby a more comforting welcome to the waves. "I can tell you really want to start...ready Spee?"

"Ngaw!" She flapped her little arms, so Kurfürst smiled and slowly let go again, watching as she stayed more stable than she did before...

Then she fell again.

"Well, practice makes perfect..." Kurfürst went to pick her up again, but Bismarck sailed over to the two of them. "Actually mom...can we help teach her?"

"Oh?" Kurfürst raised an eyebrow, looking over to Bismarck. She stood Spee up, before handing one of Spee's hands over to her. "Go ahead, but don't take her out of the docks."

"Okay! Come on Spee, I'll hold you!" She slowly sailed towards the others, while Spee wobbly followed, occasionally tripping before Bismarck helped her up.

Kurfürst stood back and watched them all play, a smile on her face as she looked around the bay, towards the cities off around as well. To think, not eight years ago, this was a battlefield...

She closed her eyes, feeling quite faint as she stood there.

...

She opened her eyes, the crackling of a fire being the first thing she heard. She looked up towards the light, seeing her fireplace burning warmly, if dimly, in her home.

"Ahh...those were the days." She stood from her chair, stretching before she took the cup from the table next to her and went to the kitchen to put it away.

Then...a knocking came to her door.

'Who could that be? It's already night.' Her eyes narrowed as she picked up her halberd from the living room display, taking it in her hand as she went to the door.

She opened it, her Halberd beside her in the event she had to protect herself from...

"Girls?"

On the other side of the door, her six personally raised children were there, all dressed dimly and very comfortably, as if they were planning for a night on the town.

"Mother." Bismarck was at the front, looking up into her mother's eyes.

Kurfürst moved to the side and allowed them all in. "So what brought you all here at this hour? The sun's down."

"Well...we all nearly forgot the date you see." Eugen explained with just that simple phrase, which slowly made the gears turn in Kurfürst's head.

"Today...hold a second..."

"It's Mother's Day. I can't believe not only did we forget, but you did too."

"Zeppelin, you can't really fault me can you?"

The carrier smiled. "No, I suppose I can't."

She walked forward and hugged Kurfürst. "Happy Mother's Day."

Once she split off, Roon near jumped on Kurfürst. "Happy Mother's Day!"

Kurfürst chuckled as she returned the hug, eventually pulling her off as Z23 walked up, wrapping her arms around her chest. "Happy Mother's Day."

She broke away, and Eugen hugged her next. "I suppose you won't take a nice day for us all tomorrow? As a way to make up for today?"

"I might, but it all depends on your schedules too."

Eugen briefly chuckled. "Of course...happy Mother's Day."

Spee looked up to Kurfürst, smiling and hugging her. "Happy Mother's Day."

Finally, Bismarck walked up to her and gave her a hug. "Happy Mother's Day...I don't know what we would be without your care."

Kurfürst wrapped her arms around Bismarck. "And I don't know who I would be without you girls in my life either."

The rest of the night was tender and sweet, everyone relaxing and enjoying themselves with a small party for Kurfürst...totally not because they also forgot her Birthday.

At least she also forgot that too.

Nonetheless...Happy Mother's Day to you, Großer Kurfürst.