✴️Chapter 13✴️: A gift for her own burial

Start from the beginning

Nora and Phillips knew that Justin lived the life of a commoner. He, for them, was the perfect chess piece for what they were planning to do. Although both of them didn't know, they actually had the same plan for Justin and that was to use him. He had every requirements for their field or so they thought. For Nora, he was like a door, that hid whatever the room was doing and Phillips, he was going to be...his informant. Phillips and Nora never trusted each other and they know.

For Phillips, Nora was just to smart, smarter than he had ever thought she would be. And for Nora, Phillips was just too sly and cunning. Someone that cunning can't even be your associate.  So Justin, was their middle man.

"I don't need money, Nora, to be there for you". Justin said to Nora, a little offended that Nora could think of him as a money bug, who wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for the money.

"I insist, Mr Justin. I owe too many people, can't afford to add one more on the list". Said Nora, taking the suitcase of money Phillips had packed for her earlier and stretched it forth to Justin.

"I'll be sure to keep her safe and hidden". He said to Phillips who smiled, stretching forth his hand towards Phillips for an handshake. Snubbing totally, Nora and the money bag.

Just then, Lucas walked in, with a tray of three cups of coffee. He served Phillips first, who took the cup closest to him, then he served Nora, giving her the eye signal that the cup in the middle of the tray was for Justin as they had planned earlier before their arrival. She took the tray and winked him 'good job' before he served Justin the tea, which has been prepared 'just' for him.

Phillips was done with his cup of coffee, drinking everything in one gulp and handing over the used cup to Lucas.

"I need to get going as soon as possible so I'll have to leave you two. Thanks for coming over, Mr Justin. Please do take her to your apartment once midnight comes". Phillips said, that sly smile on his lips, shaking Justin's free hand, before walking out.

Now it was Nora and Justin left in the room. The air was so uncomfortable and both had so much to say to each other but kept silent. He just couldn't look her in the eye, still offended that after all the years they've spent together, Nora thinks of him as a money bug.

He drank the coffee when he couldn't get used to her stares which was boring into his side face. That was the moment she has been waiting for.

He dropped the cup on the bed beside him and cleaned his mouth with the back of his hand. She wasn't interested in having a conversation with him because she had better things to do... Like attending her own funeral.

She rose to her feet and dropped the bag right beside Justin. "This is for you, Justin". She said before walking towards the wardrobe to pick a gown for herself. The gown she had picked out for her own funeral.

  Justin was furious. So furious that he pushed the bag of the bed and the money inside fell out. That was when he discovered that he was losing his strength and feeling dizzy. Then he found out that his tea was drugged.

He staggered to his feet and tried to walk towards Nora who was busy looking for the gown she was going to wear.  He stumbled on his own and fell to the floor near Nora's feet. He held Nora's ankle tightly.

"What...did you...put into...the tea?" He stammered, his brain was slowly shutting down, as he was slowly losing his grip on Nora's ankle

"Nothing special. Just four sleeping pills" she answered casually.

"Why?" He asked her, his conciousness was almost gone but he struggled to be concious to hear her reason.

"I have a place to be and you're a hindrance". She said to him before kicking him gently and walking into the bathroom, to get dressed, leaving Justin's unconscious body on the floor.
____________________________✍️