23.

Chapter Twenty Three | Feel Like Shit

"You what?" Maddy gasps, hoping she was just hearing things

"Dream apparently wants to make another song and the label thought i'd be good to help with because we had 'chemistry'" Eden sighs, slamming her hands down on the counter after doing quotation marks over her words.

"Chemistry?" Maddy scoffs, "Wow."

"Well, they're not wrong." Eden shrugs, "I'm assuming they've seen us interact before, like on stream, but I don't think they know we used to be together."

"E, you can't be serious." Maddy sighs once more.

"It'll be okay Mads, it's just one song and then he'll be gone again." Eden reassures, sitting down at the kitchen island, swivelling around.

"So is he like, video calling you for it or what? Because the studio is here."

"He's staying here for a week, I think." Eden admits, "But I think the start of it will be on call until we need his vocals."

"He better be staying in the furthest, one star hotel he can find." Eden rolls her eyes at Maddy's comment.

"Actually-,"

"Don't tell me he's staying with us E, please." Maddy rubs her temples, pacing around the tiled floor. But Eden's silence tells Maddy everything she doesn't want to hear. "You're fucking kidding."

"It was the label's idea." Eden sighs, "They think it'll be good to be in the same house so that we can be more creative."

"More creative? E, it sounds like they want you to get married and have 5 kids at this point." She scoffs.

"I know you don't like him-,"

"He pushed you so far away you almost killed yourself with drugs, E. Of course I don't like him."

"Mads-,"

"Have you thought this through? What about his psycho girlfriend? She's not going to be too happy that her boyfriend is with his ex, the one who happened to write a song about her."