0.

prologue | feel like shit

Many months passed, in fact nearly a whole year had, since Eden had been face to face with Clay

Many months passed, in fact nearly a whole year had, since Eden had been face to face with Clay. Thoughts about their last conversation dwindling in her mind the longer she was away.

She'd spent time crashing at friend's houses, mainly Tina's, until she eventually found her own place to call her new home with a new roommate.

The brunette reunited with her old friend Maddy, who she met through her old label. Almost coincidentally, they both were looking for a new place and found the perfect apartment for the two of them in the middle of San Francisco.

At the beginning of living in California, Eden, Sapnap and George we're constantly calling and keeping up to date with each other. But as time went on and Eden got more busy, along with the boys moving houses again, the calls became less and less frequent, until it never happened again.

That was seven months ago.

She was still writing and bringing out songs, some of which had gone viral. She was proud of herself for that, but her streaming days were long gone as all she did all day was write, record and have meetings. She did miss her chat a lot, and streaming for her was her escape from everything else in the world, but she knew eventually she'd have to move on.

Although she hadn't been on Twitter much since her announcement that she was moving, she assumed that everyone was doing good. She'd had the odd call from Karl and Quackity a few months ago telling her that they were going to Florida for George's birthday and that she was more than welcome to go. But the idea felt odd to her, especially because that meant seeing Dream too.

Wybie was still following her around the apartment like a shadow, Eden hoped he didn't get too attached to his friend Patches when they were in Florida.

She had thrown away majority of her things that reminded her of the southern state. She genuinely wanted to start fresh, and it wasn't going to happen if she held on to old sentimental items.

The grey hoodie Clay gave to her only weeks after they started talking sat at the bottom of her wardrobe. Things that reminded her of him were easy to part with, but she couldn't do the same with the worn item. Although instead of the aroma of Clay's vanilla cologne engulfing her nostrils, it's been replaced with the stench of alcohol and cigarettes.

Her 'N' necklace remained in a tangle on her desk, the final reminder of him and that stupid nickname that made her heart skip a beat every time he said it. 300 days later and she still refuses to tell anyone her name in the small chance they decide to call her Nessa. In the small chance that another tall, green eyed blonde boy decides to shatter her heart again.

October had rolled around quickly, and as much as Eden loved Halloween and fall, it wasn't the same after last year

October had rolled around quickly, and as much as Eden loved Halloween and fall, it wasn't the same after last year. Hers and Clay's matching costumes was something she'd never done before, but absolutely loved. She had already planned their next years ones so they could do a full weeks worth together. She never would've guessed that 2022's halloweek would be spent without him.

Eden tried not to lie to herself, and she knew it would only hurt herself, and Maddy more, but she didn't want to accept that her mental health was considerably worse now that Clay had left her life.

When Eden was with Carter, her state of mind was focussed on him, making sure he was okay and that he was doing good with his career. Therefore, when he told her she had done something wrong, she was practically telling herself she was not only useless as a girlfriend, but to herself.

When she left Clay however, she didn't feel anything at all. Numb to the point where she almost didn't care, almost. Her mind always drifted to Clay, his smile, his hugs, his sincere words. Now that they were gone, she didn't know what to do, he was her person, and now she was left broken and bruised. Numb.

Feel Like Shit is here omg!!

i'm so glad so many of you were excited for the sequel as I am :')

hope you enjoyed <3