9.

Chapter Nine | Feel Like Shit

// mentions of death

Most people after reuniting with old friends would keep in touch, but not to Eden's surprise, the boys didn't seem too

Most people after reuniting with old friends would keep in touch, but not to Eden's surprise, the boys didn't seem too. Sure, they congratulated her on her tour announcement, and messaged her the odd TikTok that reminded them of her or vice versa, but either than that, nothing much seemed to come from them.

Eden had decided to fly home a week before the holidays, not to see her mother or other extended family, but to visit her dad. She hadn't had the chance to visit his grave when she came home with George, and his birthday was coming up. It felt right to her.

Her feet lead her down the rows of graves, a familiar one catching her eye easily. It's dead roses and dirty headstone already telling Eden no one had visited him in a long time. Her hands wrapped tighter around the bouquet she brought with her, the blue and yellow flowers illuminating in her grasp.

"Hey dad." Eden sat down next to him, dusting off his gold name, "I brought you some flowers. They're your favourite colours."

The dead roses breaking apart as she discarded them from the vase, replacing them immediately with the fresh ones.

"I miss you so fucking much." She sniffed, "God, I wish you were still here." A tear threatening to fall as she blinked.

"I'm going on tour soon, I know you would've booked a ticket to every show." She laughed, "Guess what?"

Eden knew he wouldn't reply, obviously, but she still paused and imagined his voice replying with some witty remark.

"I fell in love last year. I know i'm a little late to tell you." Eden picked at the grass, "He made me feel alive again, I hadn't felt that since you left."

"I know you would've loved to meet him. Remember George's friend Clay? That's him." Her hand wiped her face, not caring about her makeup anymore, "He uh, he always asked about you. Said that you sounded amazing, and you are."

Eden's voice broke as she remembered all the times her and Clay had talked about her father and how caring he was to her.

"We broke up a while ago though. I know you would've tried to fly over to see me." Her hand brushed over the stone, tracing over every letter of his name. "I wrote a song about you, a lot actually, but this one I released. I just know i'm gonna cry when I sing it live, but I know you'll be there with me so that will make me feel better."