chapter 1 (???)

Sonic materialized into a strange Area.
The sky was glitched out and there seemed to be a path that looked eriely similar to SAO.

Sonic:"Where am I? This can't be SAO right?"

Sonic examined himself. He was wearing a light blue hoodie with part of the upper area and zipper being a dark blue. His pants were standard black trousers with his red shoes.

Sonic:"No can't be, I don't remember wearing this in SAO."

Sonic then opened his inventory. He was shocked. His items from SAO were in his inventory, adbiet with question marks instead if their original names.

Sonic:"I thought so..." Sonic eyes widen. He frantically scrolled through his inventory. He eventually stopped at two items that had codes instead of the question marks. Sonic was hesitant, but pressed the 1st item that was in his item. The area in front of him glowed as a familiar sword dropped down edge 1st to the ground.

Caliburn:*yawn*"how long was I out?"

Sonic:"Caliburn, Oh boy am I glad to see you."

Caliburn:"Sonic? I do say where are we? This doesn't seem to be Aincrad?"

Sonic:"I was Wondering myself. This place looks exactly like misty lake, but with some alterations as well."

Sonic once again gazed around the glitched sky. He felt a shiver on his spine. He then pressed another item button and the light appeared again. This time a girl with long black hair came out.

Sonic:"Yui do you remember me!?"

Yui looked towards sonic and smiled:"yes I do uncle Sonic!"

Yui ran towards sonic and hugged him, sonic also returned the hug.

Sonic:"Yui I'm glad you turned out okay. I was worried something happened to you. "

Yui:"I'm okay uncle, but where is mommy and daddy?"

Sonic then frowned and sighed:"I don't know Yui. All I know they are trapped in this game, but Shadow is going to join us later on. Though I'm not sure if he liked seeing this area."

Yui then looked around the area with interest.

Yui:"This place has the same coding as SAO, but different areas at the same time. It's like the servers ar corrupted, gimme a moment to look into the data."

Yui closed her eyes and focused on gathering info. She gasped as soon as she finished.

Yui:"I can feel everyone's presences. They feel distinctive, but as if they are trapped."

Sonic smirked:"Well then we'll just have to bust them out don't we Yui."

Sonic was about to run until Caliburn stopped him.

Caliburn:"And How Do you suppose you do that, when you don't even know where they are!"

Sonic sweatdropped:"Good Point."

Yui:"Don't Worry Uncle. I can pinpoint they're locations."

Sonic:"Now we're talking, but how are you gonna be able to keep up with me. I can't carry you all the time."

Yui:"Don't Worry uncle. I got just the thing."

Yui began to glow as she seemed to shrink in size and her appearance change. She seemed to wear what a small fairy wore from some movie.

Yui:"i can use the navigation pixie to keep up with you, or ride your jacket pocket if I need to. It also lets me hide in the code instead of seeing me an unknown entity."

Sonic:"Alright then, yui got any idea what this place is."

Yui looked around and tried to scan for more data.

Yui:"It's fragments of aincrad. Parts of misty lake. It's like this was moved into an empty space in the game."

Sonic:"Well then how bout we call this cyberspace since we are in the metaverse."

Yui:"Uncle you might want to take a look at yourself."

Yui materialized a mirror into sonic's inventory. Sonic took out the mirror and looked at himself. He saw he had two animal like ear on top of his head. He also looked behind him and saw he had two spines on his back and a small tail.

Sonic:"Talk about weird. I wonder if I have new abilities with this character."

Yui:"According to my files it's an unreleased race, the Hedge-Sith. It wasn't applied into the final release since they couldn't fly."

Sonic:"Hmm well thats a downer, oh well I always preferred running anyways, speaking of which, I think we should find a way out of here."

Sonic then sheethe Caliburn and got to a runners position. Yui flew into sonic's shirt pocket and peaked out to see. Sonic then blasted off into the screen and everything went white.

Credits song

(A/N)
  Sorry for the short chapter, but I felt like this is all I can do at the moment. I know it's been a long bit since I worked on this story, but I've been busy at my new job (3rd shift regrettably) but I'll try to update this story as much as I can. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a nice day.