Ch 7 - A secret's out

Start from the beginning

"Not bad, kid." He said, before hovering above the truck and grabs it with his mechanical talons. He flies back, eyes never leaving the arachnid hero, as the former webbed up crew, most likely because Vulture freed them, hop back into the truck. "Make sure you stay in your out our business."

With that said and done, he flies away with the truck in his clutches. Spider-man narrows his eyes as the Vulture escapes his line of sight. He turns his attention back to the Commissioner, laying beside him. "You okay?" He offers his hand, which Jim gladly takes. "Yeah, thanks."

They look back to where the Vutlure was. "We're gonna have to keep an eye out for him." He looks down at Spider-man. "We'll keep you posted." He said, before walking back to his car.

"R- Right, thanks..." he said, as the cars drove back to the station. If Y/n was being honest, he was a little confused. Police have never not fired at him. Here though, they didn't try to stop him. Not without Gordon, at least.

Shaking his head out of his thoughts, he fires a web and swings off.

A few days later...

Spider-man finishes up with a group of thugs who tried to jump a family. After webbing them up, calling the police, leaving a post card, and waving to the family, he swings off once again. He swings for a few minutes, thinking back to his conversation he had with Barbara the other day. "Sigh I should talk to her..."

He soon lands on a crane and hangs upside down on a web, before pulling out his phone.

Hey, can we talk? - Y

B - Depends

B - Think the sirens will save you this time?

No - Y

Wait, what do you mean? - Y

B - Meet me at my apartment

B - On the roof.

Y/n gulped. He was definitely worried. She was definitely a smart girl. It was only a matter of time before she found out. Might as well get it over with. With a defeated sigh, he unsticks to the crane and swings off.

Later... again

After landing in an alley not too far from her apartment and changing into his normal clothes, he walks in and heads up the stairs. Her apartment building wasn't low-rise, so he had to take the long, and sadly only way up. As he walked up the stairs he was able to spot Jorge and his parents saying goodbye to some old folks. "Guess those are his grandparents." He smiled a little, before continuing his journey to the rooftop.