Ch 7 - A secret's out

"Barbara, the truth is..."

Just before he could finish, the sound of sirens interrupted him. The two perk up and turn toward the window to see a high speed car chase. "Phew, saved by the sirens." Grabbing his bag, he books it out the door. Barbara, meanwhile, watched him run off, like his life depended on it. She glanced back at the chase, before cupping her chin in thought.

Y/n makes it to an alleyway and quickly changes into his suit, before swinging after the speeding vehicles. "Oh thank God for perfect timing..." he muttered under his breath, before he continued swinging. He swings higher and higher, until he's just above a pickup truck, being chased by the cops. He releases the web, before he dives down and lands on top of the roof. "What the-!" The one of the guys said, before being pulled out the window. "Pardonne moi." Spider-man quips. "I think this is your exit." He webs the guys back to a passing traffic light, leaving him hanging.

He crawls to the other side of the car and peaks his head in. "Hey" They all gasp, as he jumps in and pits his arms around the two he's sitting between. Within a few seconds, everyone, sans the driver, was thrown out the truck and webbed to a wall. "Your next, bub!" He tells the driver, before kicking him out the window. "Man, Wolvie is really rubbing off on me." He crawls out the window, hops on the hood, and fires two web strings at the buildings and slowly stops the truck.

" He crawls out the window, hops on the hood, and fires two web strings at the buildings and slowly stops the truck

Once it stops, he hops off and dusts his hands off. The police soon pull up and walk out of their vehicles, pointing guns at Spider-man. "Hands up!"

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Spider-man exclaimed, hands up. "I- I'm just helping out!"

"On the ground Spider-man!" The cop said, before a hand rests on his shoulder.

"At ease, men." The man, who's hand's on the cop's shoulder, said. It revealing to be Jim Gordon.

"But, commissioner-" the officer was cut off.

"He helped us out, much like Batman. I don't see the reason to lock that kind of person up." He told the officers, beforr walking up to Spider-man. "Sorry about the trouble. Commissioner Gordon." He said, with his hand outstretched.

"Spider-man." He answered, shaking his hand. "Uh... but you probably knew that, already." He rubs his nape, in embarrassment. "Costume gives it away."

Patting his shoulders, the Commissioner reassures him. "Thanks for the help, kid." He said to him, changing the subject. "Now, let's see what they had packing in the trunk."

Walking next to Commissioner Gordon, they stop at the back of the truck and remove the sheet covering the cargo in the truck. The cargo consists of spare parts, some looked high tech, others look like they came out of the junkyard. One thing did catch Y/n's eye, that being a tech gun with a logo on it. Reaching for it, he grabs it to get a closer look. For some reason, it looked familiar to him.

Before he could ponder on where he'd seen that symbol before, his spider sense began tingling like crazy. He drops the piece of metal, grabs Gordon, and drops to the ground, narrowly missing a familiar blade. The blade embedded into the ground began shaking before flying back to where it came. Spider-man, eyes not leaving it, sees it return to the wing of The Vulture.