Ch 6 - Vulture's flight

It was a sunny day in Gotham City. And it's been close to a week since Batman's gone away. So far, Spidey and Batgirl have been keeping the city clean so far without any real struggle yet. Keyword yet.

Turning a corner, Y/n was swinging around just keeping an eye out for any trouble. Or just anyone who needs a friendly neighborhood hand.

He soon lands on a building in a darker part of Gotham. "Can Gotham even get any darker?" He asked no one in particular. He heard a commotion down below him and saw that some kids were picking on a little kid. Narrowing his eye lenses, he jumps and lands on the fence behind them.

The noise gains the attention of the group as the red and blue hero flips off and lands in a crouched position.

With just the sight of the Spider-man, plus the way his eyes narrowed on them. The bullies ran away, leaving the kid and something he dropped.

Spider-man walks up to it and picks it up. "Did you make this?" He asked the kid. "Yeah." The kid said, matter of factly. Spider-man looks at the kid, surprised.

"This is a wind turbine!" He exclaimed. "You made this!?" The kid nodded, with a smile. "No way!" He nodded again. "This is amazing!"

He hands it to the kid and thwips a few webs at the homemade turbines, putting it back together. Testing it out, he spins cardboard blades, showing that he fixed it. He hands it to the kid who smiles at the teen hero. "It's good as new right?" He pats the kids head. "I'll walk you home."

The two could be seen making their way down the sidewalk, with people glancing at them. A few had questioning looks, some found that adorable, others looked astounded to see a vigilante so up close.

"What's your name?" Spider-man asked the kid as they continued walking home.

"Jorge." He answered.

"Jorge? Uh, I'm Spider-man." He responded to the boy, making him smile.

The walk back to Jorge's apartment wasn't that long, and the two got along pretty well. It was when they arrived that Jorge asked him something.

"Don't you usually work in New York?" Jorge asked the young hero, who was ironically older than him. "Well I do, but some personal stuff made me come here. I don't know for how long though, or if I'm gonna start here."

"What do you mean?" Jorge asked. "Well, it depends on if things work out for me here better than they did in New York. If it does, I stay here, and if not I go back."

"Well, I do hope things work out for you, but I also want to see you back home." Jorge confessed, walking up the stairs with Spider-man. "You live in New York?" Spidey asked.

"Yeah, I'm just here with my family because we're seeing my Grandma and Grandpa. We haven't seen in a while." He explained.

"That's good." Spider-man said. "It's important to stay in touch with family."

Jorge nodded, as they reach his apartment door. "Thanks Spider-man." Jorge said, as Spidey pats his head again.

"Anytime, buddy." He waved, before Jorge walked in. When the door closed, he went back downstairs, getting a few confused faces turned his way, before swinging out.

Little did he notice, was that one of them was Barbara and her dad, who were watching the hero as he entered and left. "What was that about?" Jim looked back up the stairs, where Spider-man and the kid walked up. "He might've been walking that kid home."

Barbara looks at her dad, then the stairs, then back to where Spider-man was last seen. She was surprised. Very rarely do you see a vigilante/superhero walk a radnom kid home, just to make sure he's safe.