"And for what?"

"I like teasing you." I said. "What else?"

MK shook her head in disbelief as we both fell into a satisfied laughter. I'll never get tired of messing with her the way that I did, and I'm relieved that neither one of us is taking anything to heart. Friendships like this, where we can joke around without the other feeling awkward, is one I aspire to have, and glad that I have. It's rare to have something like this nowadays. People always take things straight to heart.

"You know, I don't appreciate you doi—"

"All I knew
This morning when I woke
Is I know something now
Know something now I didn't before
And all I've seen
Since eighteen hours ago
Is green eyes and freckles and your smile
In the back of my mind making me feel like..."

My heart immediately dropped at the pit of my stomach as soon as I heard what was playing in the background. Chills down my spine, and little by little, I start to feel like I'm slowly becoming immobile. Then, memories soon followed. It flashed before me so easily, reminding me of how good things were until they weren't, and how I want to get it back more than anything. I remember everything she forgot.

A sum of my absolute favorite moments, spiraling inside of my head as if I had forgotten them for a moment, but I don't. In fact, I remember it all too well. Every word, every detail, and everything else in between. I remember singing it to her and having her look at me like I'm her entire world. I've never felt so special until then. And I would never understand how someone like her could ever be with someone like me.

MK's gentle grasp on my hand pulled me out of thoughts, "Are you okay? I know how hard it must be for you. Having to relieve it all."

"I'm okay. At least I will be."

"I know it's not much, but just know, I'm always here if you ever need me." Her warm smile made me feel better.

I thought a lot about healing. And how there's no absolute timeline on when you're supposed to be completely healed. Because, sometimes, we think we're over it until we see something that reminds us of the person or a thing that forces us to relive the moment again. A distraction could only do so much until we're left with no choice but to allow the memories to take over for a moment.

"If you want to leave, we can." MK offered me a warm smile. "We don't have to sta—"

"No, it's okay." I nodded. "I just, uh... I guess that I just miss her a lot and our past together, that's all. And I don't even know if she feels the same. Does she think about me as much as I think of her? Probably not."

"I'm sorry."

I sighed deeply, "I have to start being realistic with myself. I'm in love with someone who's in love with someone else."

"Y/N.."

"I'm starting to think that love might mean wanting the other person to be happy even if that means they can't stay with you."

I'm slowly losing hope that I'll never be as happy as I did with her. I don't think I have the heart to love someone else. The truth is, she took every part of me with her, and I'm left with nothing else but a mere body of myself.