PROLOGUE

"DON'T YOU REMEMBER?" seungmin murmured, slowly looking up at minho; whose lips curled into a frown

          "DON'T YOU REMEMBER?" seungmin murmured, slowly looking up at minho; whose lips curled into a frown. he was interrupted, but he didn't want to say a thing. that would've been rude. he pursed his lips into a thin line. minho distastefully stared at him.

seungmin's eyes held hope, hoping that minho would at least try and recall their memories of the playground. seungmin hoped and hoped, that minho's eyes would light up and twinkle like they'd used to when he remembered something. seungmin hoped minho would remember.

"remember what?"

seungmin's heart shattered into little pieces, falling off one by one. a lump stuck in his throat, and he swallowed the tears that threatened to fall. trying hard to regain himself, it was no use when he exhaled shakily. "the playground."

"the playground?" minho tried to pretend as if he didn't remember, scoffing and turning his head. "i don't know what you're talking about," he glared coldly. "you've come into the cafe causing a scene, interrupting my time with my friends, and you dare to start crying? are you insane?" minho spat angrily.

seungmin's younger brother, sunghoon, nervously looked around. people were staring. "seungmin.. let's go. it's no use, he's trying to cause a scene and get you kicked out." yet, he didn't budge. "minho, stop trying to run away from what happened at the playground. it's been years, please." minho refused to look at seungmin's pleading eyes.

"get away from me." he muttered. seungmin didn't move, "dude, he said to get away from him." jisung grumbled, standing up from his seat in the booth. "either you get away and leave, i'll have to call security to escort you out."

sunghoon, frowning, tugged at seungmin's sweater. "let's go." finally, seungmin stopped staring at minho. his eyes no longer sympathetic, they were cold. without another word, the two left the cafe and the people went back to conversating. "god, what a creep." hyunjin murmured with a straw in his mouth. "yeah, do you even know who that was, minho?" felix spoke, looking at the quiet male.

"no idea."

PLAYGROUND
CON7ERSE ━━ 2022. ❫