Breaking the Legacy

Start from the beginning

In a normal case, it wouldn't have turned into this serious but since Kyle is Alpha blood the effects of rejection are taking a toll on him and probably destroying his wolf spirit."

It took me a couple of seconds to process his words as I stared blankly at him.
"What the hell?" I stood up in disbelief. "Are you sure it is really what you are talking about?" He nodded a second later making sure I wouldn't attack him.
Has Alia lost her fucking mind?

"Max, ask someone to bring Alia here this moment, she needs to explain herself."

"And Keith I don't care what you do or how you do it but I want my son cured. Stop the effects of rejection for the time being and hopefully, Alia hasn't lost it completely."

Max was up and out of the office before I could finish ordering the doctor and I was about to follow him to see Kyle however before I could take another step Keith stopped me again.

"Alpha... there is a bit more to it," his words felt hotter on my skin than the one time I accidentally touched silver and it burned through my skin and muscles to the very bone.

I paused and waited for him to explain further.

"I am not completely sure though at the moment since my powers are not advanced enough but the rejection is not the only thing that has happened to him.
Kyle's bond was not only broken but appeared rotting. I tried to connect with him and see the damage to his wolf after rejection but his spirit was not responding. It seems to be withering away quite rapidly and badly.

I think Alia broke the mating bond between them and also without Kyle's consent. And since the bond is broken from his mate's side only the other side began rotting spreading a poisonous infection in his soul and his wolf's spirit.

Honestly, I am not qualified enough for this and we need an expert on this matter because even if the bond was broken a few days ago the expanse of infection is too fast. The suffering must be excruciating to make a trained Alpha wolf pass out like that."

I can feel the dread settling through my spine after his every word. How the hell did it all come to this? When did all this happen? I... I... What evil has settled upon my pack? My one son was already hurting because of his mate and now my other son too. Oh, goddess! What curse have you put on my children?

"You called Alpha Clark?" Alia entered the office looking hesitant with her steps. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even sense her coming.

It took me minutes to find my voice, thankfully Keith saw my condition and took the lead.
"Yes Alia, come inside," he said. Both of us looked at her scared expression and heard the rapid heartbeat. What sin have you committed that you are this nervous? Please, please tell me that Keith has gotten everything wrong. That he has lost his bloody damn mind and is making everything up.

He fiddled with her fingers and suddenly I realised that I don't smell him. I don't smell Kyle at all on her. Even if they are not mated, even if they haven't marked each other after so many days... the scent should be there on both of them. And yet neither of them smells like other...

.... My mind seems to be breaking completely down. How can I be so blind... how?

Feeling the rising rage beneath my skin I couldn't stop myself from slipping it through my words
"Now answer me very carefully and in all honesty, because your one lie could lead you into a lot of trouble Alia, you got that?" She nodded looking at me and then at Keith.

"Are you really Kyle's mate? Did you reject him? Did you break the mating bond between you and him?"

She looked at me in surprise with wide eyes and even a whole minute later she stood there with no intention to answer me. Rapid heartbeat, sweating, fiddling like there is no tomorrow. What more did I want from her? She has already given everything away.