Jeno sat beside him on the table to eat.

I guess I could start to consider him my friend, but I shouldn't get too close. Jaemin thought to himself.

They finished up lunch and got up to clean together. It was too domestic for its own good. Jaemin glanced at Jeno taking out the trash. Now that was too much, but when he tried to protest, Jeno laughed just continuing.

"You know, you have a pretty nice scent too." Jaemin said, when they finished cleaning and were just sitting at his dinning table.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it kind of reminds me of someone." Jaemin sighed.

"It does? Who?"

"My mom." Jaemin smiled, reminiscing his omega mother. He didn't know how he even got to this. It was always so easy to randomly open up to Jeno. Jaemin guesses it's the whole therapist-psychiatrist thing. Jeno must be doing his little magic to get him to open up. Jaemin did hear that if you stayed quiet long enough, people are more likely to open up.

"She didn't smell like that though." Jeno frowned, as if he was remembering something that grossed him out, "She smelled like rusty metal."

Jaemin laughed and shook his head. "Not A-yeong, that lady isn't my mother. I mean my omega mother."

"No wonder you look prettier than her." Jaemin's eyes widened at that and Jeno's mouth parted in surprise at his own words.

"I mean...you do." Jeno smiled confidently, though it was fake confidence because Jaemin could see his ears were tinting scarlet.

"Well, thanks." Jaemin laughed shyly, "I do look like my dad though."

"I can see that one." Jeno smiled, "But, what's your real mom like?"

"Really pretty. She smells like sweet blueberries." Jaemin smiled, remembering when his mother was younger and not off her rocker. She wasn't a psychopath, but she was lacking in emotions and was a dry shell of a person now.

"I guess the berries run in the family." Jeno smiled. Maybe Jeno was trying to hide it, but Jaemin swears the alpha got a twinge closer and took a breath of his scent.

"Yeah, but blueberries are delicious. Strawberries are always sour. Maybe, that's why I'm like this." Jaemin sighed.

"How?"

"Sour." Jaemin laughed.

"You're not. " Jeno said.

"Oh, and you know me so well?" Jaemin asked sarcastically.

"Well, you're not too difficult to read." Jeno laughed, "You act all tough, but it's because you've been through things."

And now it's time to change topics. Jaemin thought to himself.

"How about I bake something?" Jaemin offered, "My mom used to make some really good cookies. You should try some."

"Sure," Jeno smiled, though something about it was sad. Jaemin got up and walked to his kitchen, beginning his baking.

"Why does my scent remind you of her?" Jeno asked. Jaemin flinched, realizing Jeno was now standing by the kitchen island.

"Um...well, when I was younger, we lived in a house my dad bought. He had designed it and everything. It smelled like Cedar wood. Especially since it was new, you know." Jaemin paused to look up at Jeno. He immediately felt overwhelmed, seeing that Jeno locked eyes with him.

He was listening, really listening.

It was so intently too. His eyebrows slightly furrowed, as if truly processing everything. Jaemin guesses he was good at this, at listening. It was his job, after all. Jeno was just treating him like one of his patients. Perhaps, he was diagnosing him too. Who knows, maybe Jaemin was actually bipolar, or just severely depressed. He wouldn't be too surprised. Jaemin continued to take out his materials as he continued speaking,