Chapter 1

Cover by SOUYAMILK

banners by -hxshimi

Read in dark mode for better experience

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own?" You smiled at the woman leaning against the wall as you put on your sweatpants and sweatshirt over your clothes. She took a sip from her glass, purple eyes full of uncertainty. Something about tonight gave her a bad feeling.

"Yes, Ms. Guuji," you replied as she handed you your bag filled with dollar bills. "I've done everything you've told me to do." Your brow suddenly furrowed in concern. "Is something wrong? It's not like you to worry." Miko smiled at your concern before shaking her head.
"It's alright, little one. It's probably just the drinks," she sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She watched you leave, but not without noticing another man get up from one of the couches and leave after you. She eyed him suspiciously, moving to follow him until one of the workers walked over to her.
"Ms. Guuji!" She called. "There's someone here to see you." She glanced at the man one more time before reluctantly shrugging it off and following the girl into the VIP section.

You walked out of the club, humming along to the song playing loudly from inside the building. You walked fast, constantly surveying your surroundings as you fished your keys out of your purse. You stopped at your car, setting your bag down to insert the key into the lock. As it went in, you suddenly gasped, feeling an arm snake around your waist and a damp cloth covering your mouth and nose, strange scent filings your lungs. You struggled, long nails scratching at your attacker's arm as you kicked and attempted to scream through the cloth.

"Sh," the man whispered. His hot breath against your ear made you cringe. It wasn't long until your body began to feel heavy, your attacks becoming lighter and lighter until they ceased. The world around you was spinning. The beat of the club music became drowned out by the sound of your heart beating rapidly. And that was soon drowned out by a high-pitched ringing as everything began to blur together.

"You're going to fetch me an amazing price," the man said, but he now sounded far away. After that, you finally passed out.

"A wife?" Miko repeated, eyes widening as she stared at the man on the couch beside her

"Yes, I think an heir would be appropriate in times like this," the male replied, finishing his drink before handing his glass to the waitress, who rushed to fetch him another. "There are many people out there that want me dead, and on the off chance that their wish is granted, I would be able to rest easy knowing that there is someone to take my place-"
"Ms. Guuji!" The two turned to see one of the owners of the club standing in the doorway, face pale and voice frantic.
"Yes, little one, what's wrong?" Miko asked as she set her glass down and walked over to the girl who was stuttering and faltering, her distress preventing her from getting any coherent words out. Miko's eyes softened, running a hand through the girl's hair soothingly.
"Calm down," she said. "Tell me what's wrong."

The girl took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"It's Y/n."

Miko's eyes widened, quickly thanking her before rushing out and the blue-haired male beside her followed behind her curiously. Miko rushed into the parking lot to find her worker's bag of money and keys on the ground by her car. There was a white cloth. Miko's eyes narrowed as she picked it up and brought it to her nose, face scrunched up in disgust when she recognized the scent.

"Chloroform," She spat.

"She was abducted," said the male behind her. Miko turned to look at him, eyes filled with anger.
"Do you know anything about this?" She asked.
"I have to say I'm offended, Miko," the male crossed his arms defensively. "I don't run every illegal organization in this city-"

"Then find her." The male scoffed.
"Miko, what makes you think that your little plaything is any concern of mine? Do you honestly think that I can find her-"
"I do," he watched as the pink-haired woman stood up, dress swaying behind her as she walked over to him. "You owe me a favor, Ayato," she said. "And while I may not have the power to hurt you directly, you know that I know people that do." Ayato narrowed his eyes.
"Are you threatening me, Miko?" He asked. The woman merely shook her head, walking around him and back to the club.
"Find my employee," she called, and Ayato sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Fine," he said. "Consider it done."

After looking at my past stories, I feel like I've rushed through with making them yandere all at once so this one may have a slow start and most of the beginning chapters will be building relationships with the characters