Chapter Three

Once we got Polly we left back to our house. I went back to laying in bed tossing and turning and when I did fall asleep but having nightmares. So after then I just stayed up. I was already on my 5th cup of coffee when everyone got up. "Your up really early." Mom said. "Couldn't sleep." I told her. Me and mom had a small conversation then I left with Betty. Me, Betty, and Jug were getting rid of people who couldn't be the murderer. Then later in we went to Archies with a flash drive we found in Jason's coat. Betty plugged it in as we all watched it and jumped to the sound of the gunshot. Me, Veronica, and Betty were crying. Oh my god, this is too much to handle what the fuck is wrong with this town? With the people who live in it?

We gave the drive to mom who took it to the sheriff. I lay in my room crying. I just watched Jason get murdered. I knew after that I wasn't going to get any sleep. The next morning I spent the whole day in my room only Betty and sometimes mom coming to check up on me. My family is pretending as if nothing happened. Dad and Polly and home. At lunch, we started to ask about Jugs dad. I can't believe how much this town has changed. After school, I went back to my room. It wasn't because of Jason it was because of Fp and JUghead and some other stuff. I feel so bad to keep it from Jug but he'd be so mad at me if I told him now expressly what going on. I felt so guilty but I had no idea.  I was going to talk to him at school but he wasn't there. He was at the southside high so that's where we went. We ran through the school to find him. Betty and him were talking and I just felt more and more guilt build up every minute.

But then we were running to find Cheryl. She stood on the ice falling through as we ran to go save her. We searched to find her and Archie pinched through the ice breaking it and finally pulling her out and doing CPR on her. When she finally spit out the water I was so relieved. V took her back to her place to help her get warm. After a few, I was getting ready for the Jubaly and then going. I couldn't wait to hear Betty's speech. I sat between dad and Polly listening to the song Archie had written. But for some reason, it remained me of Fp. He had barely left my mind since he went to jail. Then it was time for Betty's speech. Her speech was moving and beautiful. Then I seen Jughead at the back by the entrance. I had to talk to him but instead, we ended up going to Pop's me still filling with guilt. Betty and Jug went back to the trailer so I still couldn't talk to him so I laid in bed thinking of how and when I would tell him.

I couldn't sleep so I went on a walk only to bump into Reggie. We were talking then we ended up in his car having sex. The next day I wake up in his arms next to him. God, what the fuck did I just do. I layed there for a while will he cuddled me. I was at peace for the first time in a while until I got a call the worst call. Fread was in the hospital he was shot. I rushed to get my clothes startaling Reggie but nit caring. Fread was like a father to me. I stayed there all the time I even worked for him over the summer with Archie. I ran to the hospital crying. I couldn't believe it. I pulled myself together and ran into the hospital seeing everyone there. We hugged and then Archie was telling us what happened. I sat thee not saying a word. Mom was causing the southside serpents for shotting Fread. I was so done with feeling all these emotions so I turned them off. Leaving me to feel numb.

Betty put her arm around me as her and Veronica talked. Then the doctor came out. He was alive but still couldn't breath on his own. Everyone kept telling Archie that he's strong and shit like that but un this town anything could happen. If your not strong you'll never make it through. All I knew was I didn't have to feel so I didn't really care anymore. I know I wont be able to turn them back on but I didn't care I didn't want to feel. I was done. Done feeling guilty and sad and worried. I didn't know how long I was going to go without them or who would be able to turn them back on. It was a long day but I stayed. Once Verinica came back and told us that Archie was doing a line up. I stayed behind while Betty and Jughead go to Pops to see if Freads wallet was there. More time has past when Archie gets back and then the doctor came out telling him that he can see Fread.

Everyone was sitting there when Betty and Jug came with Pop Tate with a bunch of food. Everyone ate but not me I couldn't. After a while me and Betty went home Me of course getting no sleep. I didn't want to leave but mom made me. But Fread was up finally. "What has been up with you lately?" Mom asked. "Nothing." I told her. "Well that's a lie if I ever heard one." Dad said. "Im fine ok." I snapped. They looked at me shooked. "I don't know what your deal is younglady but you better knock it off." Mom snapped back. After a minute of going back and forth until they left me alone and I finally fell asleep but soon woke up from yet another nightmare. "God damn it." I told myself. I sat there when I heard things hit my window.

I get up walking to my window opening the cartens to see Reggie. I opened my window. "What are you doing here?"  I ask. "I wanted to see you." He said. "Meet me at the door." I told him. I ran to the door opening it seeing him. I snuck him in slowly walking up the stairs and into my bedroom. We were talking sitting on my bed. Then he kissed me. I kissed back and we layed down and cuddled and fell asleep. I stayed asleep like last time. I was able to seelp and I felt safe and conferred. I never wanted it to end. "Who the hell is this and why is he in your room?" Mom yelled. "He just stayed over that's all." I said. "Get his out of my house now." She yelled. He put on his shoes and I walked him to the door. He kissed me goodbye and left. 

The next day I got to Pops helping to fix it up. I waited for someone to come in when mom didn of course. I wanted to keep my dictence but decided to go talk to her. "Hey what can I get you?" I asked her. "A coffee please." Mom said. I got her her coffee and sat down. "Im sorry for sneaking him in and having him stay but I swear we didn't do anything." I told her. She sigh and put her hand on mine. "Its ok but don't do it again. I smiled at her and nodded and went back to work.More people were showing up after Josie and the pussy cats perform. It was getting quite busy but it was nice since I was used to in. Then some of the southside serpents came in. The ones I know. "Hey Y/n." Tall boy said. I seen mom and Betty look at me. I talked to them and took there order. After ward we were claping for Betty and the Lodges. We sat at a booth us enjoying milkshakes and talking. I actually talked more then I would usually. I also really needed to talk to Jughead though but dint have the time. 

Then next morning I never got to talk to him. I didn't feel anything still but I needed to tell him. While sitting at school Kevin was telling us how Moose was shoot multiple times. Everyone left leaving me alone once again which I didn't care I perfurd to be alone. After school I went home and layed there texting Reggie to see if Moose is ok. Then me and Betty went to V's to watch some show. I didn't pay attenchion for then most part I was to lost in thought to even want to watch this show. "Hey you ok?" Archie asked. "Ya Im fine." I told him giving him a fake smile.  After I went home laying there just staring at the ceiling. I thought so much about the things that had happened. I liked to stay to myself and stay out of peoples way. Im a loner one of the reasons me and Jughead always got along.

Betty left to go see Jughead. I decided to write a story about what happened. The next day (or when ever they question Betty about Polly leaving) We all sit at the table. "How could you do this to me, Elizabeth? To us?" Mom asked. "Polly asked for my help, mom." Betty replied. "To run away, and you areed?" she said. "We know where she is and frankly, thank god shes out if Riverdale and away from that pcycho." Betty said. "And you think that quatatees her safety?" Mom asked. "Polly was scared." "And you don't think I am?" Mom asked. "I'm terrified." "Everytime you guys walk out that door everytime I call and you guys dont pick up the phone my heart stops but how am I supposed to protect you trry and make me the monster." Mom cried slamming her hand on the table then walking away.