Time Turner Secret

I felt a warm clammy hand in mine. It felt perfect and right. I began to feel light and weightless as my eyes began to flutter open, hearing the sound of someone calling my name softly.

"Olivia. Liv. Sunshine, hey. Get up." Ron's voice cooed softly.

"Livy, quickly you must get up." Hermione rushed urgently.

My eyes fell open and I sat up realizing I was in the bed next to Ron's. It had been pushed slightly closer as he was in the one next to me with his leg all bandaged up. He gave me a worried smile as I sat forward.

"Liv, it's horrible." Hermione explained, her face distraught. "They've captured Sirius."

"What?!" I burst forth from the bed to see Harry laying on one across from us. I walked over to him quickly and shook his shoulder. "Harry. Come on, Harry. You must get up, it's urgent." I begged. Harry's eye lids fluttered open and he smiled.

"Did you see him, Liv? I saw our Dad."

"What?" I asked confused.

"He's the one who helped send the Dementors away. I'm not sure about the other, but I know the stag. It was dad." Harry insisted.

"Harry, listen." Hermione leaned her face over into his field of view since he still had no glasses on. "They've captured Sirius. Any minute, the Dementors are going to perform the kiss."

"They're going to kill him?!" I gasped.

"You mean, he's going to die? But he's innocent!" Harry shrieked as he jumped out of the hospital bed.

"No, it's worse. Much worse. They're going to suck out his soul." Hermione explained grimly.

Suddenly the doors to the hospital wing opened and Professor Dumbledore came rushing through.

"Sir, Professor, Sirius is innocent!" I stated quickly, rushing to him.

"Headmaster, you've got to stop them. They've got the wrong man!" Hermione exclaimed.

"It's true, sir. Sirius really is innocent." Harry insisted heavily.

"It's Scabbers who did it." Ron added from his hospital bed.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore questioned him.

"He's my rat, sir. He's not really a rat. Uh, well, he was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl, then I got Scabbers..." Ron rambled on confusedly.

"Professor, please. He means that we know the truth." I pleaded.

"Please believe us." Hermione asked.

"I do, Miss Granger and Miss Potter. But I'm sorry to say, the word of four, 13 year old wizards, will convince few others." Dumbledore explained. He quickly moved about the room and to Ron's bed side. "A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless..." Dumbledore tapped his hand on Ron's foot making him squeal in pain. "To those that have forgotten how to listen."

The bell struck midnight and the look upon Dumbledore's face appeared to be one of a very brilliant idea coming to mind.

"Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And when meddled with... Dangerous." He warned, Hermione and I gasped at what he was hinting too. "Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws, Miss Potter, Miss Granger. You-Must-Not-Be-Seen." He specified heavily. "And, you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not the consequence's are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life can be spared. Three turns should do it, I think." Dumbledore explained to us quickly. He left for the door and turned one last time. "Oh, and by the way, when in doubt. I find retracing my steps a wise place to begin. Good luck."