[2.8.24]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘝𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘋𝘶𝘰 𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘝𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘋𝘶𝘰 𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬

______________________

"You know, I still cannot believe the season we had... with all that happened with Anthony, Kate, and Edwina, and the uncertainty of the Featherington household, then the Glendales... the entire season has felt so... loud," I confess, sighing as I look over toward Frederick.

He hums in agreement, taking a sip of his drink before setting it down on one of the passing servant's trays. "Well, let us be thankful for the upcoming summer break then, yes? A rather good chance for us to get away from all this drama that seems to swirl around the Ton and just enjoy... peace."

"That does sound nice. I must be honest, I'm not sure how much more of this drama I can take- I mean, somehow this season feels more chaotic than last. Oh! Did you hear? Apparently, Daphne and Simon aren't going to come back next season?"

"Simon wrote... it seems like they wanted to spend more time with dear Augie and with all the drama and traveling this season they hadn't," he explained. "Maybe they'll be back for later seasons..."

I scoff at his words. "I don't imagine that Simon would love to deal with the Ton again... after all the drama that occurred last season- and now just knowing him, I don't think that he would come back if given the option."

"Perhaps he would... make a brief appearance?"

I chuckle, shaking my head and patting his shoulder, "darling. If you wanted to see him all you have to do is take the carriage to Clyvedon."

"It's so far," he whines, "why can't he come and see me?"

"Because he has a baby to look after as well, and it's easier for you to go to him since we have no children."

"Yet," he clarifies. 

I roll my eyes and chuckle, but nod in agreement, "yet."

______________________

"Florence! Did you hear? Since Philippa left I was able to take her room, why she's got the bigger room has never made sense to me," Prudence said, scurrying over to my side with a beaming grin.

I chuckle and smile at her, "how... wonderful for you, Pru."

"Since Mama and Cousin Jack have made so much money, we may even be able to redecorate it to suit my tastes rather than whatever it is that Philippa believed to be so wonderful. I mean, truly, how she managed to find and wed a suitor before me is something I will never understand."