[2.3.13]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘈 𝘉𝘦𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘵
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘗𝘢𝘭𝘭-𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘭

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘈 𝘉𝘦𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘗𝘢𝘭𝘭-𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘭

______________________

Daphne pushes the wicket into the ground with a grunt before standing back up and sighing, a triumphant smile appearing over her face. "This will teach Colin. Last time, he put a wicket behind the goat barn."

Kate smiled as she and Edwina followed behind Daphne, "what exactly are the rules to this game?" she inquired, a brow raised.

"Pall-mall is less about the rules, more about the goal," Daphne started, glancing back towards the sisters and offering them a smirk. "Which is, of course, to hit your ball through each wicket."

"The first player to send their ball through the last wicket wins," I finish, glancing back and flashing them all a beaming smile. "Simple enough. Though if you are feeling devilish, you can use your turn to knock an opponent's ball as far away from their next wicket as you would like."

"Why waste a turn if the point is to get one's own ball through the wicket?" Edwina asks, looking between Daphne and I with a furrowed brow.

"To infuriate your opponent, I gather?" Kate says.

"Precisely. It is a poor player that plays the game, and a wise one that plays their opponents," Daphne says seriously.

"I believe I shall rather enjoy this game," Kate says, smirking.

Daphne and I both chuckle and nod our heads while Edwina smiles on.

"Right. Oh. Now, Benedict is a solid shot, but he avoids conflict," Daphne says, "Colin is crafty. He will strike when he thinks you are least suspecting it, so always be suspecting it. Eloise concentrates entirely on defeating her older brothers. The hope is that she gets so absorbed by them that she forgets about you. I, of course, am a complete enigma who will divulge none of my secrets. And, well, then there is Anthony."

"Let me guess," Kate says blandly, looking at the man in contempt. "A most ruthless, cutthroat player?"

Daphne chuckles, "why, you have made his acquaintance."

Kate chuckles and looks down at the ground.

"That is not to say he has no honor," Daphne says quickly, looking over towards Edwina pointedly, "he's usually the most genteel sportsman. Except as far as this field is concerned."