[2.7.21]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘈𝘯 𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘤𝘺

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘈𝘯 𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘤𝘺

______________________

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

A jilted groom.

A broken-hearted bride-to-be.

A royal wedding in shambles.

Sensational?

Quite.

But true?

This author may traffic in chatter and speculation, dear reader, but misinformation? Never.

Explanations of why Miss Edwina absconded from the altar may be greater in number than anyone could possibly fathom. But we must not forget, it was Her Majesty the Queen who placed the young miss on that special stage so that she could make her grand exit.

Allow this author to hope... for Her Majesty's sake, as well as both the Sharma's and Bridgerton's, that an official explanation emerges swiftly, lest the Ton are run away by their tawdry imaginings.

______________________

"Lady Danbury... Lady Sharma, Miss Sharma, Miss Edwina Sharma," I greet, offering them a small smile, "lovely to see you all out today. Rather good luck for us all that it is sunny out, isn't it?"

"Yes, lovely indeed," Lady Danbury muses, "would you and His Grace like to join us for a promenade, today?"

I look over at Frederick, who freezes for a moment before sighing and looking down at me, lowering his voice considerably. "I don't know if that is the wisest course... with the scandal that has erupted- wait! Florence! Don't leave me- darling?"

I chuckle and loop my arm with Lady Mary's and start to stroll away from Frederick.

"He shall catch up with time," I giggle, sharing a grin with Lady Danbury.

Lady Danbury chuckles as she strolls down the pathway, "Now, where was I before? Ah, yes, now that is all we are to say on the subject."

"Good day, Lord Fife," I greeted, smiling at the man.

"A rather good day indeed, Your Grace," Lord Fife says pleasantly, looking over at me and offering me a warm smile. It quickly fades, however, at the sight of Lady Mary and her daughters. "For some of us."