Chapter 74

The late afternoon light glared off Kisaki's glasses as he held onto the bat in hand.

"Let's go 🤍," Hanma grinned through his full head helmet. Kisaki simply nodded as he pushed his own helmet down. 

Kisaki was pissed. His blood boiling, head aching. Nothing was panning out and it was all that damn woman's fault. It was your fault. His mind conjured the image of your smirking face and he grit his teeth.

Who the hell did you think he was? Huh?

Kisaki Tetta was going to be the greatest criminal in Japanese history. His plans were going off without a hitch until you started butting in. Mikey was grasping that dark side of his nicely and that corruption from isolation and guilt. Yes, Mikey was becoming a great puppet.

But then he saved Kazutora's life... but Baji still died and Kazutora was in prison now so things weren't thrown too far off track at that point.

But then! Then you started rubbing your nose into everything. You were supposed to be a wild card, someone easy to manipulate even though you were so dangerous. Until you showed up at the church and ruined all his plans.

You apparently knew everything. He hadn't known that at the time even if he did now. He had thought you were aiming for Taiju's spot for power and control... then you just gave the Black Dragons to Mikey.

Mitsuya wasn't supposed to die there, but if he had it wasn't a loss for Kisaki, but Taiju was still alive and he was someone who Kisaki couldn't manipulate. 

You intervened to save Mitsuya's life and that made Hanma curious. Hanma had said that you weren't like this in the past and only changed due to the sacrificial nature of Mitsuya's death. So if Mitsuya hadn't died yet then why did your character change?

Hanma was suspicious and that made the hackles on Kisaki rise.

Then he was kicked from Toman. Mikey had kicked him from Toman. The person Mikey had trusted with his darkness.

Kisaki leaned forward, hand gripping Hanma's shoulder tightly.

His blood pressure had been running high from this stress lately and he couldn't turn away. He couldn't be outdone like this, but at the same time he kept being out maneuvered! 

Hanma took a sharp turn, the bike moving so fast that their legs nearly touched the asphalt. The buildings zoomed by as blurs in Kisaki's vision.

He couldn't access the funds to pay off an information broker.  His parents cut him off from his own financial account and he didn't have full control of it due to being a minor. Mother hadn't even been home, staying at her brother's home for the last week. He couldn't even find his father since he had fled to southern Japan, likely nearby Nagasaki.

His troubles hadn't stopped there since he was having difficulties inside his own gang now too.

It was common knowledge that gang members weren't into the business of fucking themselves over, even if they were loyal and had pride in their gang. Simple put, most upper leagues will be against putting their people in danger, thus-- 

Ran and Rindou did not do the drive by on Mitsuya. In fact, they even called you and told you about it. Kisaki only found out about this from Izana.

'My revenge doesn't involve [n/n]-chi. You will understand this, Kisaki.'

Izana had been a bigger obstacle for Kisaki than he ever thought he'd be. He had convinced him to not kill Mikey and instead use him as some morbid stand in for Shinichiro. Izana had been easy to manipulate at first then... then Kisaki believes you met up with him and now he's being resistant to everything.