Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Let me show you boys to your rooms!"

After Azura showed the boys to her family and friends. They welcomed them into their home with opened arms. Soon enough, it felt like several months had passed since the two humans had came into the Isles. Caleb was so enamored and fascinated by it all. But, Philip on the other hand was not. He was disgusted. Probably, from bad experiences like nearly being eaten or stomped on by the creatures in the Isles had to do with it. Also, puking his guts out with the food that they had there. But, there was some foods that the two could eat without getting sick, but not much. With the help of several witches and Azura's, the brothers were able to start designing a portal door, but it was still in the creating stage and not ready yet.

The witches showed the two humans a few spells so they could be able to defend themselves against the creatures of the Isles. However, there was one problem, they weren't able to do regular magic like witches can. Eventually, Caleb noticed there were strange symbols hidden within with each spell. He traced them in his book on a piece of paper, creating the first glyph magic. Philip created the first glyph combos.

Caleb also showed and helped the Clawthorne witches with carving their palismans. In return, they gave him one for him to make of his own. They gave Philip one as well, who made his into a spider. As Caleb finished with his, he stared in amazement as he saw the wood beginning to take shape into a bird, forming into a red cardinal. He nicknamed it flapjack after his favourite snack. It took several tries but eventually Caleb had managed to get the hang of it and was able to master flying the palisman, like a natural born witch!

Later on that day, the sun was beginning to set. Caleb and Philip were sitting together in an open field. The red cardinal was chirping happily as it flew in the sky above them as they watched it.

"I still can't believe you made that thing." Philip remarked.

"I know, isn't he wonderful!" Caleb smiled. Philip didn't look at him. Caleb noticed but said nothing as he was thinking.

"Yours turned out, pretty good as well." He smiled, trying to get his attention. The spider palisman was crawling on Philip's arm, but he brushed it off, making it fall off of him.

"Maybe, we should stay here." Caleb told his brother. Philip snapped his head back at him, looking at him in shock.

"What?! Come on, you're joking, right Caleb." He sputtered, shaking his head. "We have to go home. We have an advantage against them, use their magic against them and wipe them out."

Caleb frowned. "That's the thing. What if we don't. Think about it, Philip. We've been gone for months. They probably think that we're dead. This could be a chance to start a new life for the both of us. Do you understand? We'll be finally be free to do what we want." He told Philip, smiling before it dropped a little.

"The people here has been nothing but nice to us, despite a few occasions. It wouldn't be right to do this to them. Not after everything that they've done for us." He sighed, realizing the truth. If the others knew about this place. They would destroy it, destroy everything and everyone living in it. He didn't want that to happen. Philip shook his looking at his brother in disbelief.

"I'm not believing this! Caleb, you said that we're in this together. How could you turn your back on everything that we've built, that father built, everything that we stood for!" He shouted, furiously. Caleb frowned, staring at him concerned. Just before he was about to speak, the two heard Azura calling for Caleb and saw her step out through the bushes and trees. She smiled as she saw them before it fell when she noticed that something was wrong.