Chapter Twenty-Six

"Azara!" Hunter called out. He frantically looked around, looked around, trying to find her. She was no where be seen. He felt himself starting to panic a little, getting more worried. "Where are you?"

"She couldn't have gone too far. We'll find her." The cardinal talisman assured him.

"I found her! I found mom!" Jewel chirped frantically, catching Hunter's and Orion's attention. They headed over to where they heard the blue jay. Hunter's eyes widened, seeing several trees along the way that were completely burned into cinders, as he ran. He stopped upon a open clearing until he spotted Azara. She was sitting underneath a tree with her head in her legs with her arms wrapped around them, crying.

Hunter slowly walked over to her before he was standing next to her. The two palismans flew up into the tree, giving them some space.

"Can I sit?"

Azara said nothing. Hunter sat down next to her, resting his arms on his legs. He shot her a worried look, trying to figure out on what to say to her. "Sorry, I'm not really good with this," he replied. "But, I don't like seeing you like this, talk to me. What can I do to make it better?"

"Just stay with me." Azara hugged her legs tighter, still not looking at him.

"Talk to me, what's bothering you?" Hunter asked her, as he looked straight ahead. Azara bit her lip.

"John just makes me so mad! He doesn't even care what mom did for us, what I did for him when dad passed away! I had to look out for him, when mom was grieving. But, he wants to throw it all away, everything that we sacrificed for him!" Azara cried.

"I know how you feel," Hunter replied. "I understand completely." Azara's eyes widened, realizing that Hunter had experienced the same thing with Belos.

"Hunter, I'm sorry for throwing it all out you like that. I'm so selfish." She leaned her head back against the tree.

"No, your not. You're the most selfless person that I've ever known. Well, the only person that I've ever known."

Azara made a small laugh, smiling softly. Seeing her smile, made Hunter's heart swell. At least he did something good, that was enough for him. The two sat for a while and Azara played with her thumbs, thinking.

"I guess mainly why I was mad, was because I was scared. I hated seeing John talk like that and it scared me. I'm mad for mom lying to us like that, keeping secrets from us, but I guess she had her reasons. But, what scared me the most was being alone with Belos."

"What did he do to you?" Hunter asked her.

"He told me that he knew from the very beginning that I was half as witch. He told me what he was planning to do on the Day of Unity. That he made a deal with the Titan in order to do so." Hunter's eyes widened at what she told him before frowning. Great, just when he thought that his uncle couldn't get even more crazier.

"I was scared and I couldn't do anything and I was completely powerless. I was scared that I was going to die that I wouldn't see you again." Azara finished, clenching her fists in her lap. Hunter laid his hand on hers.

"So, was I." He told her. "I swear I'm going to make him pay for what he did to you."

"Well, look who's changed so much." Azara laughed. Hunter felt his cheeks and ears burn, turning red as he blushed.

"There's also something else that I would like to ask you?"

"What is it?" Azara asked him.

"You never left my side from the very beginning, even when I was too stubborn to listen. After all of this is over, will you stay with me?" He told her. Azara's eyes widened a little in shock.