Chapter Seven

Azara sighed as she walked still confused about Luz's reaction. Why did Luz act that way? What did she do wrong? She just did the spells like Luz showed how to do and they worked! The harder Azara thought, nothing came to her, only making even more confused. As she walked further down the forest pathway, Azara saw someone up ahead. Azara quietly approached closer to see who it was and her eyes widen to see Hunter, who had his back turned away from her, and his little red cardinal bird. The two hadn't noticed her yet.

Azara smirked as an idea came to her mind. Quiet, she drew the water and ice spells, combining them together, making a snow ball. She picked it up, holding it in her hand and stalked closer to Hunter until she right behind him.

"HEY HUNTERRRR!" Azara screamed out loud, scaring the golden guard. Hunter's eyes widen in shock. He knew that voice! Before he could do anything, Azara pelted him right in the back of his head, knocking Hunter down to the ground. Azara laughed, while Hunter glared up at her as he sat up.

"What is wrong with you?!" he shouted angrily. Lil' Rascal chirped happily and flew over to Azara landing on her shoulder. She smiled and petted him.

"Nothing, what's wrong with you?" Azara shrugged. "I thought that your "Uncle" didn't like you leaving the castle?" she finished as she quoted with her fingers. Hunter's eyes widen in surprise.

"How did you know that emperor Belos was my uncle?" he frowned. Azara smiled sheepishly.

"I may have listened in on both of your conversation before I left," she told him. Hunter's eyes widened even more, now looking more worried.

"Listen, if you know what's good for you, you would forget about what you heard between me and my uncle," he told her. "This doesn't concern you!"

"Ow!" Azara hissed in pain, as she rubbed her hand. "Something stung me!" Hunter's eyes widen as he felt a sharp sting as well on his cheek. Then several drops of water fell from the sky, hitting the two of them.

"Boiling rain storm," Hunter whispered low under his breath. Azara turned to him confused. Before she could ask him, Hunter took off, leaving Azara behind. She chased after him as more drops began to fall.

"Wait! Where are you going?" she yelled. "What's a boiling rain storm?!"

"You're smart figure it out!" Hunter shouted as he ran, looking for cover. The two finally managed to take refuge in an abandoned cave, just in time as the rain began to pour down. Azara saw the steam rising off from the ground as the droplets splattered on it. She noticed the tree leaves beginning to erode, little by little until they dissolved. Azara gulped nervously, realizing what was going on. This rain was boiling hot and melts everything that it touches in it's path.

"Looks, like we're stuck here until the storm passes," Hunter groaned and sat down, watching the rain as it fell. Lil' Rascal flew off from Azara's shoulder and landed on top of Hunter's head, and slowly began to fall asleep. Suddenly, Azara started to whistle until she began to sing, making Hunter jump, startled.

"I don't care what the weatherman says,

when the weatherman says is raining.

You'll never hear me complaining,

I'm certain the sun will shine!

I don't care how the weather vane points,

when the weather points to gloomy.

It's gotta be sunny to me,

when your eyes look into mine!

Azara smiled and leaned in a little to close to Hunter, to his discomfort. Azara and him were practically face to face with each other. He tried to back away from her, only to end up hitting the wall behind him.