Part 1. 'I've looked at love...'

One of the things that annoyed Valentina the most was precisely this.

Going to the supermarket?

No.

Her brother and his girlfriend coming to her house for dinner?

Of course not. That was exactly what she needed, especially now when her apartment felt so empty since she left.

But remembering she needed to pick up most of the ingredients to make dinner tonight, just as the elevator doors closed and knowing she would have to walk to the nearest supermarket, which was more than five blocks away?

She hated that.

Whose idea was it to promise her sister-in-law the best hummus pasta sauce she'd ever tasted?

Valentina's, of course, it was!

It crossed her mind to look for a traditional Italian restaurant and order something she could pass off as her own, but there was no point. Not when the large sliding doors to the supermarket were already opening, welcoming her with a blast of cool air as she stepped inside.

She removed her sunglasses, afraid that leaving them on would attract too much attention. She pulled her chestnut hair forward to cover some of her face and adjusted the visor of her cap, hoping to hide her identity.

She was always willing to hang out with fans, sign autographs and take pictures. Being one of the best-known actresses in Mexico came with a status she had worked hard to achieve. But Valentina also realised that part of her success was due to the dedication of her many followers. Fans who constantly organised trends on social media, publicised her projects, left messages of support, and filled her days with the most beautiful gifts and an unconditional love that could not be measured. Valentina appreciated and was thankful for each and every fan.

The problem she faced today, was that she had just enough time to buy everything she needed and get home before her brother's arrival. So, going incognito on this occasion seemed like the best option.

Taking a plastic basket, she walked the aisles heading straight to the refrigerator section for the main ingredient, the chickpea puree that she liked so much.

The cool air nipped at her skin as she made her way down the aisle of huge refrigerators. Dairy products, meats and desserts lined the shelves. Valentina hugged herself, her skin bristling from head to toe as she stood in front of the huge refrigerator, scanning the shelves for the item she needed.

Luckily, there was one jar of the traditional hummus available and it was going to be hers.

She advanced quickly, a little skip in her step as she approached her target. She reached for it, the last one, hidden among the other packages on the shelf, but just as she was about to take it, another hand appeared from nowhere lifting the container and moving it away.

"Hey!" The actress exclaimed feeling stripped of something that had practically belonged to her.

Her body straightened, ready to face whoever it was. That hummus would go home with her or it was not leaving the supermarket.

What she found however, was a woman who hadn't even noticed her presence. A woman who continued to walk along the shelves, placing more items into her basket, burying the jar of mashed chickpeas that Valentina urgently required.

Determined to get them back, Valentina adjusted her black jacket and took a few steps to reach the girl. She cleared her throat loudly, trying to gain the woman's attention.

The woman's indifference irritated her, but she was not about to give up.

"Hey," she called again. The woman, whose face she couldn't see, because she also wore a cap and had her hair pulled forward, still hadn't noticed her presence. Okay, plan B, or C, or whatever. "Excuse me," she insisted, touching her lightly on the arm that held the basket.