7

He looked at me, all puzzled and shocked. What the fuck did I just do?

With a serious look, he asked, "Come again. What did you just ask?"

"Well... Sorry, but... By any chance, are you...? Are you falling for me? Do you... Do you like me?" I asked, biting lips, wincing, and head down.

He crossed his arms and said, "Why? Do you like me?"

"Well, we spoke about one friend at the beach, right? Actually, there was no friend like that. I, shit, it was actually me. It was me who seemed to have feelings for you since the first day we met. But, you know, I wasn't sure about it. Because I loved Sienna too. I didn't know what to do, so I asked."

Austin looked at me in a way I couldn't decipher if he's happy, surprised, shocked or what.

After seconds of silence, he said, "Damien, you know... Damn! I too liked you a lot ever since I met you at Claudia's castle. I felt like you're the one even when worlds crash and even when dinosaurs come back alive. Well... Yes, I am a gay, but a closeted one. I know, this feeling is ephemeral, but... You caused something inside me. And I didn't know what to say, but all I could say is... I like you."

And, THAT'S IT! Within a boom, my lips crashed into his and he leaned on the wall to have a support. I've been having a basorexia towards him while he was speaking, so without delay, I kissed him. We shared a really passionate kiss, while I was on a journey of self-discovery.

I kissed a guy. A GUY! So, I was not straight. I myself am a gay. But what about Sienna? What about the years of romance we had? I kissed her too. Gays won't kiss a woman. So... Does it mean that I'm bisexual?

As I was thinking this and meanwhile kissing him without a break, we finally decided to break out. While we did, all I'd been thinking was one.

I love Austin. I am falling for him.

That was when I realized that God can be this kind too.

***

TWO WEEKS LATER...

We went in search of different ways to go back to Earth, but each and every attempt went in vain. While a part of me was excited throughout this plan, a part of me was gloomy about leaving Austin and going back home. Claudia never suspected us and trusted us more.

I learnt more about my sexuality. I was a bi indeed, and I loved both Sienna and Austin. But the thing was I was more attracted to Austin.

Ever since our first kiss, Austin behaved sort of weirdly towards me. Like friendzoning, pretending like nothing happened, and such.

So I, Damien Jones, decided to go on a confrontation.

***

We met at the empty amphitheater, sitting next to each other. This was where I found a new light in the darkness of life.

Bracing myself, I held his hand and spoke up. "Austin. Can I ask you something?"

Looking at me, he said, "Sure."

"Hmmm... I don't want to leave," I said.

"Pardon?"

I nodded and said, "Let me stay back here. Forever."

I could feel him furious and shocked, which was something I anticipated. Enraged, he stood up and said, "No chance, Damien! Is this why I've been working hard? To let you starve here?"

I stood up and argued, "I don't mind starving here, Austin! I started needing you. I started longing for you, Austin! Could you see tha—"

"Don't. Don't ever long for me. I'm not that worthwhile," he said, looking away.

I put my hand on his shoulder and pulled towards me, and said, "You ARE worthwhile, Austin! You didn't hesitate breaking a witch's trust to help me go back home. You told me that day that you LOVE me! Then why can't I be with you?"

"YOU CAN'T, Damien. Yes, I'm bloody in love with you! Still, I never prioritized my happiness. That's why I'm trying to get you back home. So that I'LL be happy seeing YOU happier!"

This time, I became infuriated seeing him talk like that and said, "Oh, wow! You still think that I'll be happy to go back? OF COURSE, I WON'T BE HAPPY TO LEAVE YOU HERE! CAN YOU UNDERSTAND OR NOT!?"

"I KNOW THAT, DAMIEN!" He yelled louder than me, tears stagnant in his eyes. "Claudia is nefarious, and you know that. If she knows everything about us, I'm fucking sure, she'll kill us!"

"Why would I kill both of you, guys?" We heard another voice from behind me. As soon as we recognized the voice, we looked back utterly shocked, to see Claudia standing five feet away from us. "I will kill Austin first and take away Damien," she said, with a flashy wicked grin.

Austin was right. She is fucking nefarious. But not as nefarious as God.

Word Count: 833 words