Chapter 14

SAINT

It's been 2 weeks since the whole party situation, the heart to heart with my family and just overall finding peace. I couldn't be happier.

Today mom and dad are taking Sy and I to go open a police report against Devin. It took a whole lot of convincing from our parents but we reluctantly agreed. Dad felt that there were too many witnesses at the party so if he took matters into his own hands he'd be imprisoned right now.

Which makes sense since the Feds have an open investigation on him and have been trying to pin something, anything on him. Taking the legal route was for the best.

I was staring blankly into the distance when I felt a hand on my shoulder it was Iverson. "You good bro? Aren't you guys supposed to get ready to leave?"

"We are, I'm just waiting for Sy to get done getting dressed, I guess he's starting to feel like his old self again."

"I hope so. Baggy hoodies and sweat pants all year round is just not a look I'm willing to encourage anymore."

Iver's comment caused both of us to laugh.

"Why yall laughing so hard?" Irah asked as she walked in.

"Saint's dress code code for the last two years." Iverson responded.

"Ooooh chile a travesty." Couldn't help but respond

"Yall think I'm a joke. Hahaha funny. But on a serious note I haven't had the confidence to be myself in a long while so I'm reclaiming me." Saint added while we were joking around.

"Oh good you're all here, I thought I'd have to wait until we returned but since the four of you are here I wanted to say something. I should have said this 2 weeks ago but things have been hectic. I'm sorry guys for not being the best father I could. I had not realized that my 4 year stay in prison would affect you all so badly.

I left your mother to raise 4 children by herself. I'd always been hands on with taking care of you guys so not being there took a toll on her which affected you guys. I'm so sorry. I'm not saying I'm going to change my career path I'm just smarter about it." Dad managed to get out without being interrupted.

"I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say we forgive you dad." Irah responded.

"Sheesh look at Irah being noice." Iverson added.

"Wait a minute when are you going to say sorry to us daddy." A small voice sounded into the room. It was Nade and Mani."

"Oh my sweet angels I'm sorry for not apologizing. Tell me what daddy did wrong and I'll immediately say sorry." Our dad responded.

"Yesterday you didn't wear the crown we gave you for the tea party that hurt our feelings." Mani responded.

"I'm sorry next Tea party I'll wear the crown."

"Yay!!!" Mani and Nade cheered.

"Okay Saint and Syre let's get going. Yes Irah you will be getting paid for babysitting." Dad responded to Irah before she could ask.

***

We arrived at the Police Station and we immediately looked for Officer Javon Cross, he was our God brother so we knew our case would be handled seriously. Many people didn't know we were family which was a good advantage.

After we both finished filing the reports where we recounted our individual experiences with Devin and dad submitting more than enough evidence it was only a matter of time before the trial began. Something I'm grateful for is that when I called my dad that night he managed to get my call. He recorded what Devin said.

Before we could leave my dad walked back to Javon's cubicle 15 minutes later he returned with a smile on his face. While in the car dad looked at Sy through the car mirror and asked, "Sy do you have a more recent picture of Amor?"

The question caught Sy by surprise but he responded with a smile, "Yeah, yes I do I'll send it to you."

"That's good. Sy I don't think we'll be able to get Amor back since it's been over 3 months since you gave her up. But an open adoption where you could be in her life is possible." Dad said.

"Honestly I'll take anything that allows me to see her grow up." Sy said smiling while staring out the car window.

Vote and Comment

2 year old Amor