𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

---

𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙮'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

AFTER i got off the phone with cassie, i decided to wait in my car for her to show up.

thirty minutes pass and i see what looks like y/n's car pull up to the side of her house and park.

i see two figures in the car and the harder i look, the more i start fitting the pieces of the puzzle together.

what i see is what looks to be y/n and cassie having a moment in y/n's car.

not really caring at all if it's them or not, i quickly get out of my car and get closer to the car, trying to get a better look at who's inside. i know, it sounds stalker-ish but i don't really have a choice.

however, as i start to get closer, i can make out their faces perfectly. wide eyed, i just stood there frozen as it looked to be my best friend kissing someone i had a crush on.

as they come to a stop, they look at each other for a little before cassie catches a glance at me.

with a horrified expression, me and cassie just stare at each other. y/n then catches on that somethings behind her so she turns around.

sure enough, y/n has the same terrified look that cassie does. it's like they pretty much got caught doing something.

cassie gets out the car and y/n soon follows behind her.

"it's not what it looks like", cassie says to me and i can't shake the same wide eyed expression i had earlier.

i snap out of my trance to see cassie looking scared and y/n looking some what sad?

"it's whatever, i-it just shocked me t-that's all", i stutter, trying to erase the imagine from my mind but with no success.

"glad to know you're not being weird about it", cassie smiles while y/n is now sporting a blank expression.

"i'm with nate anyway so it would matter", i awkwardly chuckle.

"i'll see you guys at school on monday", y/n excuses herself, not saying another word to either one of us.

she then gets in the car before effectively driving off to god knows where.

"okay, now that's being weird about things", i tease cassie playfully, keeping my jealousy in.

"yeah, i don't know why she's acting like that", she shrugs before leading the way to her house and unlocking the door.

-

it's now monday and to be honest, i'm kinda dreading to go today.

i just don't want to see my crush and my best friend all over each other.

i guess that is what i signed up for when i chose nate over her. no turning back now.

getting ready, i take a longer time than usual which makes me late for first period. that's also the period i have with cassie.

i drive to school and park before entering the double doors of east highland high. at this point, i missed all of first period.