𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

---

IT'S NOW a few days after mckay's party and so far, things have been going good.

i had became friends with jules who soon introduced me to rue, the brown haired girl from the gas station and lexi.

i also learned some interesting shit about the people in this school.

well for starters, lexi is cassie howard's sister which is the girl i bumped into the other day and that cassie and maddy are both very popular cheerleaders for the school.

rue overdosed during the summer and had to be emitted to rehab. ever since she got out, she's been faking like she's clean.

jules is trans and transitioned at thirteen, this girl named kat lost her virginity at the party, and maddy is pretending that she "blacked out" while that dude that i now learned his name is tyler, was fucking her.

word gets around fast here. it's almost like drama is a ticking time bomb and people are waiting for it to happen.

i'm on my way to class when i get stopped by someone calling my name. i turn around in the direction it came from only to look down and see maddy standing in front of me.

"hey y/n, i was wondering if you wanted to hang out after i was done hanging with nate today?", she asks me.

"why would i hang out after you did god knows what with my brother?", i raise an eyebrow causing her to roll her eyes.

"because it's me duh."

"my door will be open then", i sigh knowing i couldn't say no.

she gives a cute smile that shows off her dimples, "i thought that would be your answer, see ya then!"

i shake my head with a light smile as she excitedly runs down the hallway to her friends.

as she tells them what happened, i notice that i have blue eyes staring back at me.

that's cassie, maddy's best friend like i said earlier. apparently they have been friends since they started out in this school. cassie, unlike maddy, has a somewhat healthy relationship with chris mckay so far.

once cassie catches my stare, she immediately looks away and focuses on the conversation at hand. i chuckle before leaving the hallway to get to my next class.

-

since nate was too busy with his girlfriend, i caught a ride with lexi and rue. jules was no where to be found when we tried to look for her.

i text my dad and let him know that i need my own car since nate keeps abandoning me at school. he laughs at my message before telling me to take one of his cars to school.

rue is the first to get dropped off before lexi moves down the line to my house.

i thank her for the ride before heading inside. it's quiet but nate's truck is here so i'm assuming they're in his room.

it's an hour later of scrolling aimlessly through my phone when i hear a soft knock on the door. already knowing who it is, i don't even ask, i just simply open the door.

i noticed that she looked a little shaken up like she had just seen some weird shit.

"hey, you okay?", i ask her, placing a hand on her shoulder lightly.

"can i talk to you about something?" she questions to which i nod my head and let her further into the room.

"what's going on?", i sit her right beside me on my bed as we look deeper into each other's eyes.