20 - The Flame of Winter

[timeskip]
Tommy POV
We've arrived in the desert where our destination lays in, the desert temple, the flame of winter. It's such a long waaaayyy!!
Tommy: We've walking for hours, now! Can't we take break?
Gideon: Tommy, we're almost there. We can't stop, now.
Tommy: But my feet hurt!
Gideon: We have to keep going.
Tommy: But-
Kristin: Starlight, he's right. We have to get there as soon as possible but we don't have to keep walking.
Gideon and Tommy: What do you mean?
Kristin: We have wings! We can fly!
Tommy: YES! FLYING IS FUN!
Gideon: Yeee. Let's fly!
I flap my wings a bit to calculate the movement I have in these clothes. It seems good. Kristin and Gideon spread their wings and lift up with me shortly following. Kristin's wings look really alike to Phil's in shape but the color is rather purple with few feathers being shiny gold. Gideons wings are quite funny. He has like four or six. It looks like he has to concentrate to not mess his movements up but I guess that's just training. I'm a lot faster than them so I try to glide a bit more than actually flying.
Gideon: You're a sprinter! That's so cool! That's a lot better than us wanderers.
Tommy: What does that mean?
Kristin: Different shapes of wings have different advantages. Yours make you faster and more agile while ours are using less energy and are stronger. We can fight against winds, for example. You need a lot more energy and get tired faster.
Tommy: That's cool! But no one I know has wings like me. It would be cool to race or something.
Gideon: You're lucky! Our sister, Drista, has wings like that. I bet you'd get along well. She wanted to race too, actually.
Tommy: REALLY?! I WANT TO MEET HER!
Kristin: You will. She's currently in the overworld. I'll inform her tonight that she should come here and talk to you.
Gideon: You should rather tell him to search him there. Tommy, you said that you wanted back as soon as possible, didn't you? Why?
Tommy: Yes. My nephew... I want to make sure that he is okay. I promised to help him find his son and then Gideon kidnapped me, so yeah! I want home to get to him.
Kristin: Are you talking about Fundy?
Tommy: Yep. Poor guy is going through a crisis.
Kristin: Oh. Anyway, we're here!
We arrive at a desert temple which, again, looks just like the desert temples at home. Why is that so? That's so confusing! Anyway, we go inside and get to a guard. He lets us into a big open room which is normally the room above the chests and the TNT. Here, the room where the chests would be is open and filled with water. A sand stone pedestal reaches into the water spring. The room glows in a warm orange light. That doesn't just come from the beautiful sunset but also from flames that burn around the water. This room is just extremely impressive.
The Spirit of Winter: Welcome, young guardian. Welcome to my temple. You know how this works, by now, don't you? Please get into the water.
I nod before jumping into the warm water. In the previous water springs, I could easily touch the ground but this is deep as fuck so I have to swim. Swimming with wings is really not easy... I feel warmth filling my body before seeing that the fires around the pool shoot up in much bigger flames immediately. Shortly after, the water surface starts burning too which makes me panic a bit but I don't try to get up. I think that I just have to trust this spirit.
The Spirit of Winter: You're not going to leave. You're my guardian, now.
Tommy: What?!
When the fire reaches me, I fill a lot of pressure and heart in my entire body before I get pulled down into the water. I sink deep which finally makes me fight against it. I combine all the powers I've got so far to push myself up.

I use air like an underwater jetpack to push myself up to the surface.

I use water to breath freely even though I'm around thirty feet under the surface.

I use fire to heat my body up hoping that the burning in my skin calms down with less temperature difference between my body and the cooking water I dive in.

I'm slow. Considering that I'm getting pulled down, that's not a big surprise. I can see two shadows over the water. Kristin and Gideon can't save me this time. The heart would be unbearable for them. The pedestal comes nearer and nearer but the heart does too. I can feel bubbles surround my body before finally, I reach the top. I get a grasp on the pedestal and pull myself up. Before losing control over my body as everything goes numb.
Kristin POV
Flames surround Tommy and close in on him. Why isn't he coming out of the water? Is the ritual not complete, yet? Is he okay?
Tommy: What?!
He seems angry. What's wrong? I want to ask him when the fire touches him and he disappears.
Kristin: Tommy? TOMMY?
Gideon: He's in the water! It lookef like he's getting pulled down!
Kristin: What?! STARLIGHT!
Gideon and I go to the edge on the pedestal to look into the water and there he is! He's shining and fast. Who knows how deep this thing is? It could be basically endless!
Gideon: TOMMY!!
Guards and priests enter the room. When they see that he's sinking, they tremble in fear.
Kristin: What's going on? Do you know?
Gideon: WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY BROTHER?!
Highest priest: The spirit is- it's obsessive. If it finds something out likes, it tries to keep it.
Gideon: WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN HIM?!
Highest priest: It never happened to a living being. It doesn't kill. That's a basic rule that spirits have to follow at all cost.
Kristin: The guardian can breathe underwater and can resist heat. Plus, he's an immortal god. The spirit couldn't end him if it tried.
Highest priest: I- I'm sorry.