(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) concerned questions

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

ESTE DIDN'T CARE FOR FRIDAYS. She understood the appeal of course, the day before the weekend. Este did enjoy the weekend, Carlisle very rarely worked unless he got called in. After all, with a small populated town there wasn't that much work going on around the clock. He did as much as he could, Carlisle enjoyed work as much as Este did but the same as her, he'd rather they spent time together.

Fridays went by as any day would for Este. After the words of Carlisle, she'd been feeling a lot more content about everything. Her lessons became more fluid and her presence retained. This seemed to be reflected in the other Cullens moods too. She wondered whether they'd all been dramatic after all. Edward would be back soon and everything could go back to normal. At least that's what she hoped.

Este spent her lunch times marking. There were fresh flowers on her desk now. Tulips that Carlisle had given her that morning before he went to work. She'd pressed the petals of the drying roses as she always did with the flowers that Carlisle bought her, placing a few in her small black book before she cleaned out the water in the vase and let the tulips take the spotlight. Next to the tulips was a small glass pencil jar filled with water, there sat some daises the younger students had collected over lunch on Wednesday. She found it sweet.

Este had been reading, annotating the words with a pencil as she studied the work with a furrowed brow. She'd been so concentrated in the words of the book, legs crossed in her spinning desk chair, that she hadn't heard any footsteps approaching. It wasn't until she heard a knock on the door that she became aware there was someone watching her.

She looked up with a start, her eyes widening in surprise as they landed on Bella Swan. She had her arms folded nervously, her eyes skating around, never making contact. Este frowned for a moment before her face broke into her regular teacher smile. Este had been trying not to think of Bella that particular day, she had no idea why she'd be standing in the doorway.

"Can I help you Bella?" Este asked kindly.

"Um... yes" Bella nodded as she pulled her backpack over her shoulder and opened it, rifling inside "I um... started my essay, the one you set on Wednesday and I know it's not due until next week but I wasn't sure if I was heading in the right direction... with the argument so I was wondering if you could look over it, the start anyway"

Bella spoke very fast, it reminded Este of Alice. She pulled a slightly bent piece of paper out of her bag, straightening it out as she placed it on the desk.

"Of course" Este smiled as she took the paper in her hands and lay back in her chair, eyes skating over the words. From what she could tell, Bella could've wrote this essay before. Everything seemed perfect from the spelling to the wording. The title covered the argument and within the introduction she'd already spelt out everything she was going to talk about.

"I like your flowers" Bella added politely, looking at the tulips shining in the light of the mid afternoon.

"Thank you" Este replied casually as she continued reading the essay, "my husband seems to be addicted to buying flowers so I bring some of them here so I don't crowd the house"