"Well, I'm in the process of creating some of them, if we want this dream of ours to keep going, you are going to need me in the future and I'm getting old now, so just taking precautions," he humored, though nothing was even equal to funny of that he said.

But being of course the fantastic actor he is, Regulus smiled, a forced chuckle leaving his mouth as he laughed with Satan.

"I need your helping in hiding them, we can't just have them laying around, so come with me I need to show them to you."

The Dark Lord got up from his chair and in a swift motion turned the other way, walking towards the exit doors from the room with Regulus following behind him, a stoic look on his face, as he didn't want to give anything away.

Regulus expected a secret room, the objects being kept to an incredibly high safety place, while they waited to be placed in their final hiding spot but no, the room they entered was the trophy room of the house of the Malfoys.

Abraxas Malfoy was a proud man, as was his son Lucius, who just last summer married his cousin Narcissa. The trophy room was filled with any achievement the Malfoy family had earned. Hogwarts graduation papers, OWL and NEWT results, Ministry promotions, articles in the Daily Prophet, and even replicas of Quidditch trophies the Slytherin house had won.

It was honestly ridiculous.

But at the end of the room, there were old dusty selves, but achievements and trophies and medals did not lie on them. The first thing Regulus recognized was a diadem, Helena Ravenclaw's Diadem to be exact, and beside it, Helga Hufflepuff's cup, and besides that, Slytherin's locket.

At the top self laid a leather book, with a quill attached at the spine of it and beside it a ring, with a gold band and a black ruby on top. Six of them, there were five of them, and when the snake curled up around Tom Riddle's neck, Regulus realized that he had calculated wrong.

The Horcruxes were six.

"On the 15th of July, Regulus, that's when our history is going to be written."

***

On the day of her brother's wedding, Delilah had no intention of spending it behind a tree, secretly talking with Regulus Black about Horcruxes, but besides that, the wedding was beautiful, truly moving and the dose of happiness everyone needed.

Even Minerva McGonagall herself had attended, and even shed a few tears as the two lovebirds shared their vows.

It was a dream wedding.

Her brother cried while Lily walked down the aisle, they kissed before the Official even had the chance to say 'you may kiss the bride', their first dance was as romantic as ever and of course, Sirius had to add his touch and immediately switched to the Dancing Queen by ABBA afterward, as all the Marauders danced together, Lily, Marlene, Dorcas, and Mary also joining them.

Delilah was quickly shoved into the heart of the party too as she enjoyed herself, they ate cake and drank and she danced with everyone in sight, but the Horcruxes couldn't wait and were here to ruin the fantastic evening she was having.

And yet again there they were. Six of them.

Six objects they had to find a way to destroy before things got too complicated to make sense.

"Regulus, I hope you realize how impossible that sounds," she heaved a sigh, shaking her head in disbelief. "We are going to need help. There is no way we can do this on our own."

The thought had passed Regulus' head too but he was not going to admit that. They needed the help, yes, from someone with experience, but the only available person that would take them seriously was Dumbledore but that was a big no.