51

The day of the graduation was stressful, to say the least. Delilah and Monica had found themselves getting ready in the dorms, both wearing simple dresses with their cloaks on top.

They were supposed to meet the boys in the Great Hall and it was proven to be rather difficult to arrive there on time since it took them quite some time to finish their eyeliner. It was certainly not their finest day.

But with a magnificent talent of magic, they were ready to leave fifteen minutes earlier than they had estimated making them only seven minutes late to the ceremony but no one was surprised. 

Both girls had quite the tendency to be late to some classes and both of them found themselves to be the main source of entertainment to the crowd when they walked in, in the process, also interrupting Dumbledore's speech.

McGonagall was certainly not impressed by them shaking her head and mattering her brother's name under her breath as if she was reliving memories from the previous year.

They both rushed in the direction of the boys, discreetly staying near them, but still making it as if they were on that side of the hall because Monica was in Slytherin. 

Delilah was highly surprised that they had managed to keep everything a secret for so long, the thrill of having to run behind pillars to hide or when they would sneak out at night, spent countless hours at the RoR talking and having fun. Got drunk whenever Delilah's roommates weren't staying in their dorm or on the trips to Hogsmeade, drinking butterbeer at the very back of the store to not attract attention.

Delilah was eternally grateful that she had befriended such amazing, kind, and wonderful people. She had spent her best of times during those last two years and she was more than just grateful to all of them for everything they had done for her.

The ceremony was beautiful, each student was given the cup they originally had in their first year. Even if they didn't fit, everyone threw them in the air, celebrating their departure from the beautiful castle altogether.

The boat ride back was where the reality hit everyone was staring back at the castle as they rode the boats across the lake since now they were severely taller and bigger, it was two people per boat, which seemed ridiculous to Delilah since she could remember when she and three other kids rode the boat to the magical castle when she was just eleven.

The wave of nostalgia had hit Regulus too as well as he stared at his home, the building that protected him and his brother from his family and the outside too. The same building where he had met the love of his life. The one he had created unforgettable memories at. His home.

But maybe that new chapter could be the start of a new life, a refreshing beginning after the war was done of course, and be sure, my dear reader, that Regulus Black was ready for it.

The ride back, on the other hand, was a wreck, none of them had expected Evan to start crying the moment the train drove away. The boy seemed to be overwhelmed by leaving the place he considered home and Leo, sitting next to him, was trying his best to comfort him.